2.5 Revo to 3.3 chassis?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay guys maybe trading a friend out of his 2.5 Revo. My question is what all parts interchange on the 3.3 Revo. I want to get an aftermarket 3.3 chassis and to a BB revo build. Is the trans the same as the 3.3.

Yes and yes
Just need a bb mount and a gentle slipper setting

So the trans is the same right? I know the drive shafts for the 3.3 are longer.

everything is identical except the front centre driveshaft and the steering linkages
the 3.3 chassis is 30mm longer in the front other than that its just updated gear like shocks and a bigger fuel tank

There are some minor differences in the cases of the 3.3 and 2.5 cases. The early 2.5 did not have the capability of mounting the rear brake kit. Otherwise they can be interchanged.

Okay thanks guys. Looks like this will be one of my more serious and expensive build when I get time to build it. Going for a serious race rig, to match my Maxx I built. My truck will be done this spring so I got to try and have this one finished for my back up rig. I do know it will be running a Picco Boost .28 for sure.

a few things I found when doing my 'race but never really use revo'
get the m2c chassis brace,stops the flex near and around the engine area
if you go for a cd don't waste your time with 100wt oil,go for atleast 500wt to stop the fronts from lighting up everywhere maybe even look at 700wt for that much power.
I swaped out my rpm rear arms in fravour of the trx extended wheelbase ones and it almost eliminated wheelies

Okay thanks guys, for all the help. I have rebuilt a 3.3 from the chassis out and have owned 2 2.5 revo's so I should be good to go on the basics.

Back