HPI-Killers Axial Exo Build & Showcase

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay so first things first, I can't really find an answer but what would be a suitable CC SV2 BL system for this, I dont understand all the crazy numbers n shtuff on the motor?..

Should be here by Friday.

Keep in mind I'm running Nimhs in this thing, dont really care to be SUPER ULTRA DELUX 88mph and leave flaming tire trails...

Here are my options.
https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/castle-creations-110-sidewinder-sv2-esc5700kv-combo-p-3235.html -5700 kv
https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/castle-creations-110-sidewinder-sv2-esc6900kv-combo-p-3236.html -6900kv

Last edited:
A Mamba Max Pro with a Neu-Castle 1415-2400kv motor is what I have sitting on top of my EXO box waiting to go in when I get around to building it.

The lower the kv the more punch it has? DOnt want too much, only have 2 options that the company carries, they were back ordered on the 4700 kv combo.

Also, are these setups sensored, I want a nice easy trigger pull.

Last edited:
Both of your choices are sensorless.

Imo, I would go with a SCT combo. 3800-3900kv seems like a perfect balance between torque and speed. Buttt, I have also heard that a 550 can is really reccomended for the exo....you could really go either way :p

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I cancelled the esc combo with the company and am looking at a sensored Novak havok SC 3300 13.5t combo.

I have about $550-600 I can drop into this rig

Okay guys I need help picking a BL combo. I am looking for a setup that has a crawler style low torque that responds to the slightest trigger pull all the way up to WOT. I am going to take this on some very light scale trails and need the realism of throttle.

Any ideas would be GREAT & preferably around or under $270.

Bump TTT, looking to buy this combo within the next 24 hours.

^^Any help on this? ^^
-------------------------

Its funny, I ordered this stuff from CKRCC like 6-7 days ago, and they are located in Reno Nevade (right next door to Utah) and am still waiting on the delivery....

If they didnt have such awesome deals on stuff I wouldnt even shop with them...

I SWEAR TO GOOD GOLLY IF ITS NOT HERE TODAY, I WILL, WILL, I dont know wait another day........ :hehe:

Okay guys I need help picking a BL combo. I am looking for a setup that has a crawler style low torque that responds to the slightest trigger pull all the way up to WOT. I am going to take this on some very light scale trails and need the realism of throttle.

Any ideas would be GREAT & preferably around or under $270.

Since you want sensored, take a look at one of the Novak Havoc setups.

Last edited:
Since you want sensored, take a look at one of the Novak Havoc setups.

Can I get the same trigger pull on sensorless? When I had the CC SCT combo in my XXX, it jolted and was not a smooth takeoff.

To be safe for what you are looking for, I would get a sensored setup.

I use Novak sensored setups in my touring cars and they are smooth during takeoff.

I decided to go with the Velineon combo, only good setup my lhs had, then came home to find something :D

I thought this a build thread? The only thing I've seen built yet is suspense.
peepwall.gif
:D

Yeah, where's the "build" part of the thread? :D

Wait I'm doing a build? I thought was just the Axial Terra teaser thread? Oh yeah it has been lol BUT NO LONGER!!

HERE SHE IS!! Well, the box shes in, I had to show you before I open it this time instead of open and start building then take pics...
P1080309.jpg

ALRIGHT! Here is my progress thus far. As sopon as I opened the box I went to town and will do until its done tonight!

Diffs, the E clips were a friggin joke..
P1080316.jpg

Drivetrain, was very simple and was shocked to see steel shafts all around.
P1080320.jpg

Chassis, the plastic sides of it seem a tad flimsy, I hope it gets stronger.
P1080321.jpg

Dt bolted up to chassis very nice
P1080322.jpg

P1080323.jpg

More to come soon!

Okay, I couldnt keep my eyes open last night but I am good and going again this morning and have this:

YES SHE HAS MUSCLE NOW!
P1080328.jpg

Go to tighten her down and.................crack, crack.
P1080329.jpg

P1080330.jpg

...wtf is with weak ass aluminum?! Thats okay I ordered this one to take its spot

A GCM solid alloy mount
full4_32_86.jpg

Typical piss poor cast aluminum. Boo Axial.