tmaxx/savageX comparison

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bifft it

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
1. tmaxx=just got it tuned, its already broken?
savage X=does this thing ever break?
2.tmaxx=turn that, squish that, turn that some more, squish that, get weee screwdriver to turn that, squish again,then turn the big one more!:angry:
savage X=?
3.tmaxx=small trashcan full of broken parts after 2 weeks
savage X=does this thing ever break?
4.tmaxx=empty bank account,2 toolboxes of spare parts and 1 small trashcan full of broken parts
savage X=empty bank account,1/2 toolbox of spare parts,1 broken antenae tube
5.tmaxx=hmmmm wonder if it will start today also see #2
savage X= used a 1/2 gallon of fuel already?

just my 2cents opinion:p:

sounds like your not replacing the tmaxx parts with the proper upgrades, i had bad luck with both, although out of the box the savage is tougher, but it can be broken, the Tmaxx out of the box need to be upgraded, but if done with the proper things its just as bashable as the savage.

Aluminum bulks, Rpm towers, arms and carriers. Now your Maxx can bash hard, out handle a Savage(which they do outta the box) and look better doing it. Savages are kinda ugly to me. But I'll still have to have one.

that was just the point paid $500 for the tmaxx and had to spend a wad to upgrade so it wouldnt be so fragile. paid $555 for the savage x and havent broken anything but an antenae tube. have owned the savage a couple weeks less than the tmaxx

A tmaxx is never as tough as a savage no matter what the chassis design on the savage just makes it next to indestructible had mine for 6 months now only broke a gas tank and one dogbone axle

What's ugly about a Savage?

Yeah, WHAT?

Sav11.jpg

That one doesn't count! Though it would look better with a little dirt mixed in.;) What's ugly about a Savage? I'll never tell... Cuz you'll never change my mind.:)

hmmmm no dirt on those! AWESOME trucks, though.
i dont like dirty truck for the simple reason that its harder to see cracks and breaks. pre-trip is way more effective to see some problem areas and fix before they break and cause other problems.maintenence is way easier on a clean one than a crusty one. trucks pretty much stock, but i like it clean.
had savage and tmaxx out yesterday. wifey ran me over once, we had 2 headon collisions, and she cartwheeled into a trench againsst a tree. the aluminum stood up pretty well to the beating she gave it. 3 broken axle carriers. savage came home totally intact. guess the real test will be when i drive the max and she the savage. she pretty merciless on RC trucks lol, but I'm pretty sure it can take whatever she can give it

Oh, Joey's gets dirty. Please believe.:) Really, it's just the stock shocks I think that don't tickle my senses. Both those rigs look dynohmite!

I'm confused! There are two identical named threads about tmaxx and savage comparison and I just read the first one and everything went haywire and some jackass got booted off the site. Now this one started out with the same statement kinda cracking on the tmaxx and next I see pics of two bad ass savages and no tmaxx to compare. Now all the sudden I want ice cream again!!

Certain comments from this thread were moved to the free for all section because of foul language. For some reason when T-MAXX vs Savage discussions come up it turns into a war. Kind of like Ford vs Chevy. I have had both trucks and for me the Savage is a much better product out of the box where as the T-MAXX although fun takes a ton of money to make it close to a savage but still not quite as good or fast.

Last edited:
Oh I would agree even though I do not own a savage. But I want one. I still enjoy the tmaxx fokr the best part of it is a cheaper purchase even when new but you get what you pay for. That goes for everything in life also. The savage from what I've learned and witnessed is a much more well made all around vehicle but the tmaxx can be also. You just have to make the right upgrades. If I had the money to do so I would buy a new savage over another new tmaxx. This is just my opinion and nothing else. Just like I used to be a huge Chevy truck fan until I owned a ford. Then Chevy had to borrow money from the govn. To stay afloat and ford has stood alone without funding. But then again not trying to send this thread into chaos I'm only stating my opinion.

I've never broken a single part on this Tmaxx either.
Maybe us old farts just know how to drive better:hehe:
DSC04398.gif

That's the Frankenstein of tmaxx's. Ain't a part on that beast stock but maybe the tranny case. Nice!!!

i posted the same thing on both tmaxx page and savage page to be fair. i wqasnt trying to start a type typewriter war

T maxx and savage are both good trucks if done right. I own 3 savages 1 carbon fiber one FLM and one stock. Don't own any trx but have run them and have min problems with them when upgraded right. Hey if you don't want to upgrade stuff you should have bought a racing buggy or Truggy. Upgrading MT's are half the fun. Here is my savage. Dirty and clean.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336954502.909652.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336954502.909652.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 160
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336954560.510211.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336954560.510211.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 158
No war started. Just good conversation. Now I gotta find me a savage for cheep! Hell in my case for free cause I know won't nobody trade for a tmaxx. Unless its a maxx like Snookmans. Next thing you know he will have it running 100mph on some 20% fuel. Lol. How's the project coming along anyways Snook?