Revo Transmission

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbjorgum

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys
I'm looking to upgrade my stock transmission and clutch but I am unsure with what to go with. Who makes some high end parts that I could get for it? I would like to get steel gears and case and if possible I would like to keep reverse but I could live without it if I had to. I'm fairly new to the rc world so any input would be very helpful.
Thanks!

Is there any reason you want to make it heavier thAn it already is? Unless u have a big block on it that keeps shredding the gears then U shouldnt need to use steel gears. Even then u should just loosen your slipper And it will stop that from happening. Only thing people really do to the box is the forward only conversion which takes a lot of weight out.

Running a big block on my Revo didn't shatter the stock style gears in the tranny. Robinson Racing used to make steel gears, but you really don't need them.

Steel gears are a bit overkill, and not worth the extra rotating mass.

I would stock up on topshaft gears (the small ones). They will wear in a couple gallons of hard use.

So plastic is good enough? I just though getting metal would be better as I've had gears brake a couple times now. Maybe I'll just stock up on stock pieces?

If you're breaking gears,there may be some other problems. Have you installed the FOC? The only gear that I ever broke was the reverse which the FOC eliminates.

your slipper is prob too tight... had you got it tight to the point you can't turn the spur gear with ur hand? if so thats why there shredding

I don't know. If you wanna spend 100 bucks on heavy steel gears then go ahead. I've got a .27 on my revo and the plastic gears with foc hold up just fine. I think Hamz and 5309 pretty much summed it up for you.....tight slipper, or reverse gear problems.