--HPI-Killers Axial Wraith Thread--

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Once again, I have made another build/pic thread for my new rig. This thing is bone stock for now untill I get out of my "situation" but anywho, pictures will come once I get the glued tires off the wheels and weights on the wheels.

Stay tuned!

:nopics:

I never get to use that, so I had to....

Lol I am getting closer to some pictures, I have the wheels weighted, and the tires siped, but am currently trying to rig up a 3 pos. switch to do on/off/on with lights but almost done, lol thanks for throwing that emot in haha.

I'm sorry i ran into a real problem rigging the lights to the switch. 1 side of the switch works for on without light, when i flip to the other on side, nothing. Do I have to run +/- from the esc on/off to the light side of the switch, or a +/- line from the rx?

---------- Post added at 6:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:58 PM ----------

Lol this is how far I am from a nice posing shot.
P1070010.jpg

Here is my toggle setup, the red wire coming up off the switch into nothing there I was seeing if running power from the + side that works over to the lights + side, but nothing yet. Would I have to run +/- to the lights side?
P1070017.jpg

I noticed your other thread first and hope it makes sence to you...

Yeah its stripped down while I figure everything out, I took them off to adjust my shocks as I have heard is best for stock setup. I can't freakin figure this out!!

Okay, both center tabs of the toggle were + from the esc, the + from the lights and - from the esc to one end, and the - from the lights to the other end, works great but got it mounted back in before I thought of pics....

Now I can get my baby back together and snap some nice pictures, I'm like HPIGuy, I build the suspense :D

Lol okay I take my last post back.... When the toggle is on with lights mode, I have no steering and the lights pulse when I turn left or right on the TX. I dont understand what would cause this since there is nothing affiliated with the steering with what I have done.... Any ideas? Pictures tomorrow morning

that is odd!!! unless all the messing around loosend something.. but i dont know if that would explain it either... I will think about this one and let you know what I figure out!!

Man that thing is sweet! I really dig the look of these, good thing I haven't had any RC car urges lately. :D

Thanks HPI :D I am going to take some decent pictures now. I can't wait to put this thing on the rocks.

Okay, I said screw the toggle switch idea, I just rigged up 1 switch for on/off and one for the lights, and it works great with all switches concealed, decided to hit the trail in the rain because it was very close to me and was way to stormy to hit the rocks. So this is her and my maiden voyage! All I can say for this rig, with how I have it set up stock, is wow, siped tires did great for brand new, the suspension was fantastic with the setup on them, and the strength of the steering isnt too bad wither considering the plastic steering link.

Here we go!...
P1070021.jpg

P1070022.jpg

Took the wife and son with so she could exercise and follow me and my wraith lol, she had fun
P1070023.jpg

P1070024.jpg

P1070025.jpg

P1070026.jpg

P1070027.jpg

Me & my son Aiden
P1070030.jpg

P1070031.jpg

P1070033.jpg

P1070034.jpg

P1070035.jpg

P1070036.jpg

P1070037.jpg

& then the camera died....

Hope this was good enough for yall lol.

Nice pics bro, thanks for sharing...

Thanks Lloyd, this rig was ALMOST as fun as my EEM AX10, way funner than all my other scale rigs for sure, and not quite as expensive yet as my XR10 got lol.

nice pics man!!!! I have to wait for my new driveshafts to come in until my scale rig is back up and running again which sucks cause My new tires come in tomorow...

nice pics man!!!! I have to wait for my new driveshafts to come in until my scale rig is back up and running again which sucks cause My new tires come in tomorow...

For an Axial scaler I assume? hopefully you upgraded to MIP shafts of something out of a hardened steel or titanium, IMO, MIP makes the best shafts for Axial

yeah its an axial rcx10 honcho truck it has a ford bronco top on it now I figured I would upgrade since they snapped where the plastic part met with the metal part I didnt like the half metal \half plastic shafts from the beginning... plus I put a lift in it so they got extended alittle bit and I dont think they liked it.. but I wanted the 2.2's on it for more clearence... looks bad ass woth the lift and bigger tires!!! I have mud slingers comin in tomorrow.. they look wicked cool!!! I am also getting a stock yota lookin top for it friday.. I think after this is done where I want it I am going for a comp crawler next..

Back