Killer's Hilux Hi-Lift Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I have to say the XR10 was fun, but just was not my style, not realistic to me at all and way to easy to crawl lol, so I traded it off for a hopped up hilux and should be here within the week. I dont have pics of the rig in my possesion because the package is still clearing international shipping bs coming from Costa Rica, BUT I do have something to tease myself and you guys with, some new tires I got today along with my other SCT stuff.

My new Pro-Line TSL Super Swamper G8 1.9 Tires!
P1060409.jpg

I will get pics off the original sellers thread on a not as cool as RCNT site and post them up shortly

---------- Post added at 3:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:16 PM ----------

Also, is there any substance I can use to remove the "white frosty" looking residue on the sidewalls? Id prefer my first pics to look real, no fingerprints and such....

Yeah give them a nice warm washing in simple green or even dish soap and that should scrub right off.

Yeah give them a nice warm washing in simple green or even dish soap and that should scrub right off.

Wow no flame for trading my XR so soon? I am suprised, Curtis will def chime in and give me his .02 though hehe, I loved that rig but was way to simple to on the rocks IMO, my buddy would have never been able to hang with me on the rocks and I would have to feel bad, so I stooped down a notch but will still out-do him anyday.

Lets see, that makes... 2 Crawlers and 4 scalers I wil have owned/own now, I feel like such a user lol:hehe:

Would siping those center lugs a little deeper work better do you think? If so I will sipe them before I mount them

SNG is king of selling quick, you wont get any flack from him.

Tires look great! i bet some bleachwhite would clean them up fine. pull the foams out first!

:hehe:Thats true I spose, I just wish they would release the f'n package so I can get back to scaling, I am fiending really bad right now....:angry:
SNG is king of selling quick, you wont get any flack from him.

Tires look great! i bet some bleachwhite would clean them up fine. pull the foams out first!

Wow no flame for trading my XR so soon? I am suprised, Curtis will def chime in and give me his .02 though hehe,

WOW! NICE of you to give the XR10 some time:\ on the rocks, you should have at least taken it to a couple of comps so you could see its full potential, it is a Comp Rig so it is not really ment to look scale. It is a whole different deal when you are running 10 gates in 6 minutes VS. just driving it around, Well there is my $.02 worth for you, LOL!!! Congrats on the new scaler someone got a hell of a comp rig.

WOW! NICE of you to give the XR10 some time:\ on the rocks, you should have at least taken it to a couple of comps so you could see its full potential, it is a Comp Rig so it is not really ment to look scale. It is a whole different deal when you are running 10 gates in 6 minutes VS. just driving it around, Well there is my $.02 worth for you, LOL!!! Congrats on the new scaler someone got a hell of a comp rig.

I put her up once on the rocks and she just did too good, I guess I have a soft spot for shafties still in a total straight way, but yeah I will get another crawler down the road for sure but for now I'm stuck on scaling. Also, no comps in the Northern part of Utah at all so I would have just rock raped my buddy everytime we went out lol and I wouldnt like that so much after awhile:hehe:

I put her up once on the rocks and she just did too good, I guess I have a soft spot for shafties still in a total straight way, but yeah I will get another crawler down the road for sure but for now I'm stuck on scaling. Also, no comps in the Northern part of Utah at all so I would have just rock raped my buddy everytime we went out lol and I wouldnt like that so much after awhile:hehe:

Almost put your foot in your mouth in that 2nd sentence, LOL!!!:hehe: With all the pics of your rigs on the rocks in your area you need to get a crawler club going in your area, you could do both crawler and scaler stuff.:D

I put her up once on the rocks and she just did too good, I guess I have a soft spot for shafties :naughty:, but yeah I will get another crawler down the road for sure but for now I'm stuck on scaling. Also, no comps in the Northern part of Utah at all so I would have just rock raped my buddy everytime we went out lol and I wouldnt like that so much after awhile:hehe:

Fixed it for ya. :hehe:

Fixed it for ya. :hehe:

ROFL for some reason as soon as I saw your name I figured something happened haha too funny:hehe:

Oh ummm, by um, the way, what you doin tonight?:naughty:

Totally kidding haha

Okay my package from Costa Rica passed customs and said its in my local post office and now is on the truck here, after 2 weeks of waiting for this thing I can't wait any longer knowing its on its way here now! Problem is I'm about ready to pass the fawk out (working graveyard) but want to fondle it and hold it and touch and kiss all over it when she arrives. And no, not the post man, the rig :D Pics later I hope?

Please, PLEASE, no matter how much some posts may have encouraged you, we do NOT want you to post pics of your package.
Fondle it and hold it on your own time and try not to embarrass yourself any more than you already have.

Last edited:
Keep the bubble-wrap hidden for your weekend entertainment or Rolex will use it himself.....

Okay my package from Costa Rica passed customs and said its in my local post office and now is on the truck here, after 2 weeks of waiting for this thing I can't wait any longer knowing its on its way here now! Problem is I'm about ready to pass the fawk out (working graveyard) but want to fondle it and hold it and touch and kiss all over it when she arrives. And no, not the post man, the rig :D Pics later I hope?

OH MY ITS GETTING HOT IN HERE!!!!!:whhooo::hehe::p::D Please don't take off all your clothes, Rolex already runs around half dressed:D!!!!

Please, PLEASE, no matter how much some posts may have encouraged you, we do NOT want you to post pics of your package.
Fondle it and hold it on your own time and try not to embarrass yourself any more than you already have.

Lol you my friend dont know me well enough! I gt past that part of embarrassing myself back in Jr high haha I just roll with the punches now with a lack of interest on what anyone thinks hehe :D.

--------

Anywho, I recieved my "package" last night and man was she all banged up! I was suprised the hardbody was not busted up with just a simple styrofoam surrounding in the box as the packing... After I got her I decided to only take a 4 hour power nap for work but prior to I got my new tires on and am about an hour from taking her on her maiden voyage.

Here she is before I go throw mud on her
P1060465.jpg

P1060466.jpg

P1060467.jpg

P1060468.jpg

P1060470.jpg

I shall return

Okay just got back from my maiden voyage, and back almost a year ago when I got my first scaler, for the first run @ the same spot experianced rain just like my first day. It brought back memories. My scale was cut short due to having 3WD, had one wheel not spinning with the other 3 so I am assuming its the hex pin, also the plastic screw hubs that hold the wheels kept coming loose so I will either go to nuts or loc-tite them on. Anywho enough talking, time for what little pictures I took :D

Enjoy!
P1060465-1.jpg

P1060466-1.jpg

P1060467-1.jpg

P1060468-1.jpg

Updates as I can get into the front end.

Looks pretty cool, too bad about the 3WD, your XR10 would of still had 4WD LOL!!! JK!!

Looks pretty cool, too bad about the 3WD, your XR10 would of still had 4WD LOL!!! JK!!
Yeah after giving it the test run and over-looking the rig I should have kept looking around for a trade... But whatever I can't look back on it now lol

She? She's got balls. :whhooo:

Shhh! She has the option to tuck them up sideways inside her chassis haha:hehe:

It's my experience that the trucks that have the Dirty Danglers like that need some added testes.