HPI-Killers Axial XR10 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I just ordered my first kit, the axial xr10 and am very stoked to get it here, for now here's what's going into this.

dual tekin fxr esc
integy 45 turn lathe motors
savox 1256tg servo
Rc4wd x4 4 channel tx/rx
2.2 pitbull tires

Nothing special yet but soon to come.
will get photos as it arrives.

Well you didn't get the dig so you are going MOA? LOL...it is my fault huh? Well that is bad ass either way. sounds like a cool build. I still like the shafties for what I do. I got some better tires on the way with the the DIG I am going to be gtg on mine I think. Now get that bad boy going!!

Lol how did you know I was after the dig? I've been looking at an moa but curtis put it over the top. I will always love my shafty though
Well you didn't get the dig so you are going MOA? LOL...it is my fault huh? Well that is bad ass either way. sounds like a cool build. I still like the shafties for what I do. I got some better tires on the way with the the DIG I am going to be gtg on mine I think. Now get that bad boy going!!

Will that radio control dual esc's independently? If not, then theres no reason to go duals over a single with a dig.

Last edited:
If you havent ordered the Novak yet, dont. Everyone is hating it because of poor design, trust me.

I have had the dig for awhile but if I can't use the radio then I'm screwed lol

So I'll still use both escs and the punk? Hopefully the radio too because I can't afford a nice one

No you would use one esc and a punk. The only time dual esc's are use is when you have either a stick radio or a radio like a 4pk/pl where it has mixing and you can control each esc by their selves. A single esc and a punk/rocker dig is a good setup.

Oh good that made me feel better lol
No you would use one esc and a punk. The only time dual esc's are use is when you have either a stick radio or a radio like a 4pk/pl where it has mixing and you can control each esc by their selves. A single esc and a punk/rocker dig is a good setup.

Yeah just look at my berg or bully threads, I ran a mamba with a punk on them for a long time, lots and lots and lots of hours on it and it worked real good. Not as good as dual esc's with a compatible radio but just about.

Which punk for my setup? I'm excited to get my stuff

As long as you radio has a 3 position 3rd channel then you will want the Punk Dig 3D.
http://www.punkrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=28

Looks like this and is what I am running
Dig_Switch_01.jpg

JPH has the older version http://www.jphracing.com/Rock_Crawler_Center.cfm?pn=PUN100&pID=479
CKRC does too http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/punk-rc-dig-switch-p-2187.html

Last edited:
As long as works with a 4 channel with no epa on 3rd and 4th channel. Whatever epa means