I Got a New Truck For Christmas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
So I got a new Stampede VXL for Christmas, something I've been eyeballing for a while, and just thought I'd throw up a few pics. The mods have already started too. I found out poking around the Traxxas forums that a quick way to widen the front end (since it's narrower than the rear stock) was to use Nitro Rush A arms. As it just so happens I have a dead Rush, I started stealing parts off it. Now I just have to widen the rear just a tad to even it out, and I'm set till I can save up for the rest of the stuff I have planned for this thing. Haven't got to drive it yet, but it should be fun with the 3s 11.1v Lipo packs that showed up Monday.
rockwoot.gif

The Truck

_MG_5271Large.jpg

_MG_5278Large.jpg

The difference in the A arm width

_MG_5264Large.jpg

On the Truck

_MG_5268Large.jpg

All Done

_MG_5274Large.jpg

Thanks guys. We got a little bit of snow this evening (couple inches), so I took it out and broke it in right in the parking lot. When I'd get tired of big long drifts picking the inside front tire up sprint car style, I'd head for the grass for some wheelies. I think I'm gonna love this truck!

congrats on the new rig. . .i remember reading about the Stampede VXL that its pretty quick right out of the box, do you know what the top speed of it is by chance?

Congrats on the new truck, the pede will always be one of my favorites!

Now I just have to widen the rear just a tad to even it out,

Before you widen the rear try a set of wheels that have the same off set, your stock front wheels have a lot more off set than the rear and use the same width wheel hexes on the front as the rear (the stock fronts are wider).....with the rush arms is shouldn't be off more than a few mm's

If you run front wheels on the back, grab some aluminum carriers. Or at least have some stock spares on hand. It takes a pretty hard hit to break them, but they will break.

Congrats on the new truck, the pede will always be one of my favorites!

Before you widen the rear try a set of wheels that have the same off set, your stock front wheels have a lot more off set than the rear and use the same width wheel hexes on the front as the rear (the stock fronts are wider).....with the rush arms is shouldn't be off more than a few mm's

Thanks man, I'm liking it so far, and I've got big plans for it down the road. Well, that makes sense as the fronts need the offset to clear the arms for turning. My truck is about 1 inch wider in front now actually, if memory serves the rush arms were 3/4 of an inch wider than the stockers. The new wheels, along with some 2.2 paddles for the rear will be my next purchase. Thanks for the tip man.

My truck is about 1 inch wider in front now actually

Is it possible that you put the wheels/tires for the rear on the front and fronts on the rear? When I did this mod it was pretty close in width.

Is it possible that you put the wheels/tires for the rear on the front and fronts on the rear? When I did this mod it was pretty close in width.

You know, it was pretty late when I finished up, so I bet that's it actually. I'll check it when I get out of work later. Thanks SMaxxin.

Okay so I checked the wheels, and they weren't switched front to rear. I did switch them however, until I get another set of fronts, at least that way it doesn't look so weird. The stock pede is 12.75" track F&R, and mine is now 13.5 rear and 13 front. Once the new wheels get here, she'll be 13.5 all the way round.

Back