HPI Dogbone Center Driveshaft Mod..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdoom405

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I'm about to do the mod where you install an HPI 77mm dogbone and revo drive cups in place of the rear center drive shaft. Anybody done this mod? I've heard you have to install o-rings in the drive cups for some reason.....

Just wondering if anybody had any additional info...

Never heard of that, but I'm listening!

Although, mine is a 1" extended chassis, so it probably won't work for me.

Probably would. I''ve already recieved the dogbone, still waiting on the drive cups. So I'll have to see how it goes...

Well I got the drive cups and threw everything in. Everything fits fine and rotates smoothly as far as I can tell. I haven't gotten a chance to run it yet. I did put o-rings in the drive cups. It seems to give the shaft a little bit of cusion. Heres a pic..This is my first attempt at posting a pic so bear with me....

tmaxxdshaft.jpg

Very nice....I had always wondered about doing that. Is that a 3.3 Maxx or a 2.5 with some gray parts?

Its a 4909 3.3 but I'm pretty sure I've got all 4908 parts on it now, extended chassis included. Running a picco p2.

:hehe: I bet Olds didn't pay attention to the forum this thread is in,he was probably expecting this mod to be on a Savage becuase he always having them wear out. :hehe:

:hehe: I bet Olds didn't pay attention to the forum this thread is in,he was probably expecting this mod to be on a Savage becuase he always having them wear out. :hehe:
Not just Olds.....hmmm...I though I remembered a guy who said he could make some that were bulletproof. He used to be on this forum. Hey Olds...remember what that guy's name was? ;):ahem:

Back