Mini rc cam

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking at completed items:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/se...tag1code=&ebaytag1=&ebaytag12=ebayreg&from=R6

they seem to go for $40-$60 that's not bad for an RC cam. :)

maybe i will buy one of these for $40 and sell it as an RC plane cam for $90:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3142962651&category=19164

error401 apparently uses something like this camera:

http://www.error401.com/rs4/pix/911tvinstall4.jpg

it's hard to say if it's the same camera. doesn't look like it though.

-Rob

i just wonder if it would be good for speed mayb on my savage it has an audio and video output i may get it thanks rob h

how much bandwith does it have

oh and its 1.2ghz is that good image quality

No it's not the same camera. I got mine from www.plantraco.com a couple of years ago. Mine operated on the TV band, ch16, and does not have sound. As a matter of fact, it doesn't have a whole hell of alot of picture either. The videos I have posted were recorded in my basement using a powered antenna, a VCR and a television (monitor). It was useable, but the range sucks. I might have just gotten a bum unit, but I would stay away from the TV band cams/Tx.

Here's a good company that sells the good stuff: www.supercircuits.com

They have some really good deals, from value stuff, all the way up to high powered equipment that requires a license to own and use.

The camera I used in the Sandbox bash vid was a small cam that recorded the video "locally" on compact flash memory cards. I think the company that makes it is www.aiptec.com, but I got the cam at best buy.

If you're going to do RPV stuff, I'd get a minimum of a 2.4 Ghz Tx/Rx setup. 900 Mhz is ok if you're putting it in an airplane, but for car use, I'd go with 2.4 Ghz because of the range issue.

www.x10.com also makes some video equipment that has been used for RPV apps.

ya but those are so expensive do u think that camera i found on ebay would be good but its only 1.2 ghz but 1000 feet range

If you have a 900 Mhz cordless phone, set the base unit on the porch, call a buddy and start walking. See how far you get before it cuts off by losing signal. Now to make a comparison, imagine you're about 8 inches off the ground and you have to transmit video as well as audio.

Line of sight is critical to these cameras working well (received video quality). When you're operating them on an RC truck, LOS is pretty hard to come by. In an aircraft, that's easy.

If I could get one for 40 to 50, I probably would try it out. Much over that and you could be let down by the results. Just my opinion.

next week I'm going to buy one with sound to try.. i have a digital vid cam to hook it into to record outdoors.. so line of sign not a issue.. the problem is shock of the camera when jumping.. will it loose sound/vid or not..

you may want to pad it to help from vibration and mayb put it in a case if you are going in sand to keep the lens clean

Lexan sheet and some double sided sticky tape.

If you saw the onboard shots from the sandbox bash vid, that's what I was using for lense protection. cut a piece of flat lexan a bit bigger than the lense housing, cut some thin strips (narrow also) of sticky tape. Make a ring around the lense and stick the lexan to it. Instant disposable clear protection. As for shock mounting it, I'd suggest a little bit of foam packing (like the airplane guys use) and secure it in a soft (not glued to the chassis) kind of way. Don't go overboard with trying to shock proof it. If you're gonna put it on a savage, the safest place is either under the rollbar, or on the left side about the level of the top of the tranny (that's where mine was mounted) Believe it or not, if you mont it inboard as best as you can on the side, the cam will not touch the ground (except for rocks & such. Under the rollbar is the best spot.

Good luck CRS, if ya get some good footage, post it. I'm still looking for a better video solution. the cam I'm using only films at 10fps, so it's a bit choppy at the speeds Savages go.

Whitt...

Last edited:
Back