wheel and tire choices

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griemar

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Sitting here researching wheels and tires since i'm basically rebuilding the old Savy and wanted your thoughts/opinions. As far as off road and racing, I'm really unsure what i want to use, however I was thinking of the following combo for my on road use:

Pro-Line 40 Series Velocity 6 Monster Truck Rims (Chrome) (2)
[PRO2664-01]

Pro-Line 40 Series Road Rage Monster Truck Tires (2)
[PRO1104-00]

Can anyone suggest a good wheel/tire combo for offroading and racing? And one more thing, would anyone seggest going to the 1/2 offset for racing? I'm pretty sure I'm going to go that route for the road, just not sure the extra stance would benefit on a dirt track.

Thanks in advance.

For on-road i use the phaltline tires.
picture.php

And for Off-Road, i use the tires that came with the Savage 21(GT S Compound Tires)
picture.php

Last edited:
For on-road i use the phaltline tires.
picture.php

And for Off-Road, i use the tires that came with the Savage 21(GT S Compound Tires)
picture.php

I found the phaltline's on Tower Hobbies, not too bad looking really. How well do they handle and are they offset?

In reguards to your offroad tires, they look rather soft. Are you using soft inserts? I ask because my current tires are soft and I have issues with near rollovers all the time because of how much give they have. I'm looking to improve stability while cornering and to lessen tire "bloat" while at high speeds.

Thanks

For offroading, I highly recommend Zombie-Max tires or Big Joes. Zombie-Max tires have a great tread and grip very well, and Big Joes are big (40 series) and also grip well. I also recommend using Beadlocks. I use Cheyennes, but Maximizers are better. I only use Cheyennes because they are 40 series and fit my Bowties.

For offroad use, I have found that the Maximizer beadlocks and the Proline Badlands work very well. I also use duct tape on the inside of the tire to keep it from "bloating" or making them pizza cutters at high speeds.

I found the phaltline's on Tower Hobbies, not too bad looking really. How well do they handle and are they offset?

In reguards to your offroad tires, they look rather soft. Are you using soft inserts? I ask because my current tires are soft and I have issues with near rollovers all the time because of how much give they have. I'm looking to improve stability while cornering and to lessen tire "bloat" while at high speeds.

Thanks

Nope, they are not offset, and i find they handle pretty damn good on road, because they only slide a bit when you turn with them...so no rollovers.

The offroad tires do have soft insert, haven't had any issues with rollover either with them(there is also the fact that the Savage is not high off the ground). They grip to the dirt like anything, i like 'em...but thats just me. Hope that helped ya.:D

Not sure about the On-road tires, and I took off the Off-road tires it came with.
I highly recommend the IMEX series 44 Blazer tires for On-shelf.

For onroad...phaltline tires

For off road...proline mulchers,badlands or bowties.

Back