Venom Creeper Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Looks like they are going after a piece of the Axial pie.

http://www.venom-group.com/storeitems.asp?section=Land&cc=MODEL_ROCK

Splash_VCCHeader.jpg

Splash_Crawler.jpg

Very interesting. Axial clone pretty much cept the sealed gear box and locking diffs. Why would you want to unlock the diffs on a crawler?

i think i like it

its a creepy crawler for haloween

We will have to wait till charlie gets it and tells us how it is....lol

hmm, looks like a definate contender to the axial.

call me stupid if this is stupid, but with that gear box it looks like you couldnt mess up the mesh...if that even aplies to a crawler..

also it says the locker on the radio is optional

Shift on the fly lockers like the traxxas summit, but I believe you can dig with the summit, all they had ti do was make it solid axle and would have been near perfect, any one got a price on the venom?

hey i just read that their head qaurters are in australia and idaho!!! maybe i can get their addy and go check one of these things out in person.

I wonder where charlie is.. poor kid probably sick again.

They only have a kit out and it lists on that site for 229

i like it alot can't wait for some reviews on this thing 229 isnt that bad too

couldnt u just lock it all the time and use that 3rd ch for dig make one for it are sumthing ?

hmm in sure u could just lock it all the time and go from there i like it alo

Very nice Irather have my crawler the Clodbuster its bigger but if it was given to me I would take it.
Greg

With the remote lock/unlock and that steering lock dig would possibly be obsolete.
As we know the MAIN purpose for dig is to allow for tighter turning, which the unlock would take care of.
Of course the second reason for dig, not allowing the truck to drive under itself and turn it over still applies, but I think if you're on a steep enough incline to flip it, 2 wheel drive wont pull you up it anyway....... I think it SOUNDS great, but until you try it.........
Chip or Charlie, chime in please......

Hatin the body, but the rest of the rig looks pretty good. Someone finally made an answer to the axial.

That's a very interesting rig indeed.

Just looking over it I see:

Dual Triangulation links
CVD axle drives
CVD centre drives
Skid Plates
Wheel weights
Semi-Droop suspension (well sort of)
Servo operated diff-locks

All these things go above and beyond standard Axial rigs. Pretty darned neat if you ask me.

With the remote lock/unlock and that steering lock dig would possibly be obsolete.
As we know the MAIN purpose for dig is to allow for tighter turning, which the unlock would take care of.

Not really, no. rear Dig on a shafty allows you to spin on the spot, locking the back wheels in position. A diff-unlocker would allow tighter turning than a locked diff, but it wouldn't hold the back dead still while you turned, and one back wheel would also still drive forwards which would move your truck. It'd help, for sure but it's never goung to be as effective as locking the back axle up solid.

Last edited:
Back