Traxxas T-maxx (HELP)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milehighhero

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
About a week ago a friend let me drive his nitro truck which was my first time doing so. I loved it. Now I have been looking to buy one and found one a T-maxx on craigslist for $200. It has:

.15 pro motor
Aluminum bulkheads
Air filter
Hitec servos (high-torque steering)
Better engine head
Traxxas aluminum exhaust
Pull-start
On-board NiMH battery

Going with the truck are lots of spare parts including the original electric starter, engine head, an extra receiver... a whole box full of stuff. Also, an RC tool box that includes a built-in control console and gas pump.

Does this seem like a good deal?

Thanks

Last edited:
no

IMO,, Do not buy this truck!!!! This truck is the oldest technology money can buy.(old engine, slow, weak trans, ect.) You have the right idea going for a Traxxas T-Maxx. The electric start is a huge plus for beginners, and the truck is easy to operate and very tough. So go on ebay and get a T-maxx 2.5 or 2.5r. I did this and i got a brand new in the box T-maxx 2.5 for $289. Stay away from the .15 and get either a 2.5, 2.5r or 3.3. Good Luck
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-4910-T-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Also, you can't craw with nitro they will over heat and u will burn up the engine..look it up real rock crawlers are way different and electric

IMO,, Do not buy this truck!!!! This truck is the oldest technology money can buy.(old engine, slow, weak trans, ect.) You have the right idea going for a Traxxas T-Maxx. The electric start is a huge plus for beginners, and the truck is easy to operate and very tough. So go on ebay and get a T-maxx 2.5 or 2.5r. I did this and i got a brand new in the box T-maxx 2.5 for $289. Stay away from the .15 and get either a 2.5, 2.5r or 3.3. Good Luck
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-4910-T-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

+1 to that. If have no experience with a nitro RC rig and then go buy a used one, you will quickly learn to hate this hobby (IMO). A used rig can be a real pain, even for an experienced person. With a new rig, you know it hasn't been mistreated, you know what has been done to it. The nitro rigs are a blast, but are a lot of work to maintain and keep running (but, that's why most of us like them, we like working on them). I'm not trying to discourage you from getting a nitro RC, just letting you know what to expect.

I think keeping it running is one of the things i will like to do... If i could talk the owner down how much do you think it is worth?

I think keeping it running is one of the things i will like to do... If i could talk the owner down how much do you think it is worth?

Not trying to be a smart ass but its worth what you are willing to pay. If it were me I would spend the extra bucks and go new. Make him an offer and see where it goes if you are really interested in it.

your not being a smart ass... and i completley agree i think thats what I'm going to do unless i can get the t-maxx for way cheaper

What about a 2.5 Revo for $175? Just found it on craigslist too

What about a 2.5 Revo for $175? Just found it on craigslist too

Pretty good price if it doesn't look too bashed up. Just beware someone trying to sell something they tore the engine up in. It HAS happened--there are even folks on here that have been taken recently.

alright thanks again man

all i will say is think twice about getting that .15,,,, remember winter is soon upon us and you can save your pennies and get a really nice rig in the spring. As others said, this hobby is very frustrating at times and i dont want you to get frustrated and quit, like i almost did.

Back