Nitro car with a supercharger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can buy them for RC engines. I've read about them and it seems that whatever extra power you get, some/most of it is used to power the turbo/supercharger. To me, it seems like kind of a wash, maybe for a drag racer or something, but for the normal racer/basher I'd think they would be more of a pain.

wt a load of S**t, like it says on a blokes thread they dont work on 2stroke engines, i looked into it yeah it creates some forced induction but it pointless because in most cases, as it goes through it and acually goes outs the exhaust port quicker, so hardly any power is increased, they look cool but in mi eyes a waste of money,

I ment to put Turbo charger not supercharger on the thread post
but it looks pretty cool eh

Looks cool, but I think it is a waste of time from everything that I have read about them!

lol its funny to read the comments ont hat thread!!

the guy that locked that thread, is that the same Nitroaddict?

They sure are pretty. Lots of bling for a shelf queen.

WOW.jpg

the guy that locked that thread, is that the same Nitroaddict?

Hmmm.. I wonder. At any rate, I agree with him. That thread got absolutely rediculous. There is no justification for that much bashing.

I love this forum. Everytime a newbie comes in here asking about superchargers they get the same polite answers from the same polite folks.

Good point, lessen. I wonder how many threads we've had on superchargers.
How about this one? It's an electric blower.

4535Blower2.jpg

If it wasn't for the fact that the 2 stroke engines we all use don't have valves, the design Rolex posted has a great idea (an electrically driven blower). Takes the load off the flywheel. However, it the design has one critical flaw (correct me if I'm wrong); the blower speed remains constant throughout the power band. Don't turbo/super chargers need to match their throughput to the intake volume to be effective?

I do agree about the bashing on the other forum. Just seems like they had it up to the top of the Empire State Building with all the super/turbo charger threads. Still no excuse for crawling down their throats, though.

.... I'd hate to see what would happen if someone brought up NoS.....

the electric blower is nice but does it work ?? and I've neva seen that about were did you find it ??

Don't know. I've had that in my photo file for about 5 years. The logo appears to be MPA or PMA. Just not sure.
HeartBreak makes a valid point about the RPMs and the constant speed of the blower.

you could put it on a esc with same frequency of radio that you are running, and increase the speed of the blower with the increase of the throttle. hmmmmm just confused myself, but i think it could work.

I had that same thought, Alpine. Another option would be to set up a micro switch to kick it on only at full throttle, but then you might be gasping for air without it running.

Would you run into the same problems with it leaning out the engine too much? Seems like it would, but I'm not very keen on these types of add-ons.

I'm sure either one of those setups would require some very creative tuning. WAAAaaaaay more money and creativity than it's worth, I would think. Major bling factor, but that's about it.

Hmmm.. I wonder. At any rate, I agree with him. That thread got absolutely rediculous. There is no justification for that much bashing.

I love this forum. Everytime a newbie comes in here asking about superchargers they get the same polite answers from the same polite folks.

:first_place:couldnt agree more.

you could put it on a esc with same frequency of radio that you are running, and increase the speed of the blower with the increase of the throttle. hmmmmm just confused myself, but i think it could work.

That's a great idea; you could use a small 15A park flier ESC to power the motor. Set your radio trim for 5 or 10% under neutral, program the ESC, then set it back to neutral. This would cause the ESC to provide at least 5% throttle to the motor, and increase the blower speed as the RPMs pick up.

Now, as for how to "mix" it with the throttle servo, a simple Y splitter should suffice.

Now, to power the whole affair, I imagine one could run a separate receiver pack for the blower. Or maybe even Y off from the main pack...

Back