Look what I scored!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachary

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Okay so Tuesday I'm cruising Craigslist and I see this Savage. Can't tell much in the pictures but it looks okay. So I email him and ask what he'll take for it and he says he doesn't know the value and for me to throw out a number, okay, $200. and sure as hell he replies Okay. WTH! So now i'm all excited and I ask for a little more info. He writes back its got a extended Chassis and a Axail .32 in it. Cool cool. So i'm like okay well i'll call you tomorrow. Well i get a call at about 9:30 with him like i'm on my way. He drove 2 hours to get here and when he shows up i nearly faint!! I'm looking at it and it's hella nice. It's got a Futaba Magnum computer radio in it, Hitec 645MG as steering and a HPI SF-1 as T/B with a OFNA fail safe. A 3 speed Tranny with RRP gears and Spur gear and Clutch Bell. HPI tuned pipe, Integy tires and rims. Hot bodies High performance shocks and GH Lower A-arms. Integy Body posts. And a lowered CG and extended Chassis!!

So then I ask if I can start it and second pull it starts right up! I slam on it and it shifts into second......then third!! What an amazing sound! So I hand over the $200 cash and he goes cool thanks and gives me the rest of the stuff, Stock TVP's, radio box, pipe, and tons more. Plus a whole entire other engine! Plus two other sets of tires! I was amazed at how cheap I got it.

Well here are some pictures of the beauty.

P1020446.gif

P1020449.gif

P1020450.gif

P1020451.gif

P1020452.gif

P1020453.gif

P1020454.gif

P1020456.gif

Sorry i got a little picture crazy. lol =devil

Hey where can i find a manual to adjust the 3 speed?

There's only one adjustment you can reach from the outside rubber boot. If that doesn't adjust the shift the way you like, you'll need to tear down the trans and adjust the other clutch from the inside. You'll have to make note if you want it to shift earlier or later, since you're in for quite a chore if you do it wrong.
As far as a manual, you can go to HPI's site and look at the assembly diagram for the kit version.

I couldn't find it.....
And which one is on the outside? 2nd or 3rd? cause it shifts two soon from 1st to 2nd

I haven't dealt with any adjustments since I installed the kit, but the adjusting grub screw is under the rubber plug on the left side of the trans, just under the roll bar mount. It's not the one that goes straight in on center, but it's the one that's slightly offset from the center shaft.
Turn it slightly clockwise and see what changes in the shift point. I really don't remember which gear it affected.
If I were to take a guess, I'd guess it would most likely be the 1st to 2nd point.

Okay i'll try that tomorrow, thanks

Whats with the fuel line on the head on the top of it.. Whats it for?

Yep well fired it up and ran it for a tank tuning it and all and stripped the spur gear, damn. Oh well i get a plastic one this time. luckily nothing else went. other then that it flippin rips down the road.

That is quite a deal you got. Next time, use Blue Loctite on the threads of the engine mounts.

I don't know why but for some reason that raises a red flag for me. It's obviously not a stock truck...and this guy says he doesn't know what it's worth? If any of us were to build a truck like that I think we'd at least know it's worth wayyy more than 200 bones.

Stolen maybe? Just a thought...not trying to be a downer. lol