My mega cab tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDperformance

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just finished it up. Pro-line dodge ram mega cab body.
I'm a huge Cummins fan so of course I put a stack on it (not functional YET)
Let me know what you think. Next are new wheels and tires followed by new bumpers and a roll cage.

(pics further down)

Last edited:
YOU HAVE TO GET THAT STACK WORKING!! it awsome that you kept it a single.. i think its funny to see a dual stack cummins.. every body knows its a straight six!!

I like the look of dual stacks but wanted to keep this one a single. Dual stacks look better in my opinion but I'm wanting to convert my truck to a single 7"

And it doesn't really matter if it's a 8cyl or 6cyl every stack kit on the market even for semi's come from one down pipe off of the turbo and then split to two stacks.

Last edited:
Not a cummins owner but THIS IS SAWEET! Is it jacked up all the way on the body posts? It makes the whole truck look like it has a massive lift kit. I am interested in how you will get that stack working. U wanna, no, you will make a thread on it. No questions asked. I want to see how you get a stack working.

it's going to be tricky but I think it can be done. I have the front posts all the way up and the back posts just far enough up to clear the cooling head. I didn't want to have to cut a hole in the bed for it.

So you have to take the body off to start it? SUPER nice But isn't that kind of a pain in the butt? I can see why you didn't want to punch a hole in the bed though. I can't really tell from the pics but are the decals painted on or stickers? I assume painted on. Are they multitoned or coloured?

Last edited:
I have to take the body off to start it any way. I ditched the EZ start due to weight and batteries, and went to the pull start. Plus if you're engines tuned right it should start after two or three pulls so it works alright. If I were into racing I would do the roto start or something similar but this works fine for now. Thanks for the compliments. I had a sheet of black vinyl decal laying around and cut the flames out myself. A little time consuming but not too bad.

You cut those out yourself? Wow, thats pretty good. I can say for sure, I AM JELIOUS. One thing I could suggest though, most 1:1 trucks have a ball and hitch, if you could come up with a sweet scale looking ball and hitch, that would make that body look ultimate. Under you're new bumpers maybe.

I applied the decals to the inside including the hood and cab painted it metallic black. removed the decals and painted the rest silver. I'd like to but it would probably get torn off. I have no idea what kind of bumpers to get. Any ideas .

for some reason I deleted my pics. so here they are again.
I was trying to post them up in the body shop section as well.

Attachments

• TMAXX 005.jpg
    TMAXX 005.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 159
  • TMAXX 006.jpg
    TMAXX 006.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 149
  • TMAXX 004.jpg
    TMAXX 004.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 170
  • TMAXX 001.jpg
    TMAXX 001.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 167
  • TMAXX 007.jpg
    TMAXX 007.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 166
That rig looks really nice. I have those bumpers and they are very strong and give the truck a new look. Plus they are plastic so they are lighter then alum.

Yeah plastic is a plus. But I think the chrome is what would stand out from the black and go with the silver stripes. Nice body man, I really like that "jacked up" look. On any truck. 1:1 or 1/10 its all good. congrats and have fun with it.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I ordered those bumpers. Will post pics after installation.

Yeah I got the chrome bumpers. I doubt they will last long but they can easily be painted black.

bumpers should be here tom. or friday afternoon. What do you think I should do as wheels. I've been looking at the pro-line Weld beadlocks, but I hate to pay that much for wheels. I want a 40 series and I'll probably get new tires as well. Everybody talks about how bad the stock Tmaxx tires are but I have a problem keeping the front end on the ground on almost every surface other then a wet slick finish concrete. I like the bogger look alikes and the pro-line mulchers. Give me some ideas for making this truck look and perform good.
I still haven't ran this body yet. I've been running my old one, I don't really see any need in having two beat up bodies.

Back