Side Pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok guys, I just got a picco .26 maxx. Here is my question. How the heck are you guys side pipeing this things. I heard that you can use a big block header gasket outside a small block gasket. Is that how you do this. I'm thinking about geting a jp-3, but untill I figuar out how this is achived ill keep the money in my pocket lol. Also do the gaskets last very long when its side piped. Thanks in advace for replies.

Bryson

I dont know how the hell I did it but I managed to post this in the F/S forum on accident lol, Sorry. Could someone move it to the Traxxas Revo section. Thanks guys my bad!

Bryson

I don't think you can use a BB header, you have to use a small block header like this one:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFAZ9&P=7

Which fits ok on the traxxas style exhaust port. I'd drill a second set of holes in it and double spring it for durability... that's what I did on my BB conversion with a side pipe and it held up great.

Then you fab up a mount to the chassis up by the servo.

But, I don't know if you'd really want to run a 1/8 scale pipe with that engine... it's ported for smaller exhaust. Running the side exhaust setup allows you to use other 1/10 type pipes other than the specific revo ones. It also gets the pipe away from the shocks and back body mount where it gets crumpled on bad rear landings.

I am currently using the max .26 and jp3 pipe , and runs great , i used a cut up piece of a metal hanger to hook it up to the chassis . I used the smaller gasket with a bigger one on top of it and fits nice and snug along with the header that came with the pipe .

Moved! Per your request!

I use a small block gasket inside a big block gasket.

revo13.jpg

ofnamount5.jpg

ofnamount4.jpg

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'm going to give the jp a shot. I have been doing alot of reading on the traxxas forum and they all say to use some type of O53 pipe for the best performance out of a .26. Id run my trinity but its just to darn loud for where I bash. Olds if this dosent work ill probally end up with that I liked it on ur truck too so... lol well see. I'm just so ready for some frigin power in my truck lol. Thanks again, and also for movin the thread.

Bryson

You may wanna consider the JP-2, I am sure you are wondering why. First the Picco .26 Max lots of low end torque so you really don't need a pipe to add more this is where the JP-2 comes in in, it will help on the high end. Second the JP-2 has a smaller pipe diameter than the JP-3, so it won't be setting as close to the throttle arm.