Tamiya King Hauler Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Here are some photos I'm taking of my Tamiya King Hauler and tailor during my build.

kh1.jpg

kh2.jpg

kh3.jpg

kh4.jpg

kh5.jpg

kh6.jpg

Nice!

So ya gonna actually finish this one or is it going to get parked next to the boat? =devil

You kiddin? It'll be haulin the boat.... :D

Seriously; that is one slick build eddy... But the rear axle...Is it oriented correctly? That little short drive-bone looks like it's on a heckuva slant.

Yeah, what is with that rear axel anyway? I would have thought they would have designed it to line up. looks like an interesting build.

Its proper.
It through me for a loop as I was building it. I did finally find a reference to it in a drawing that showed it that way. The best I can figure is that because of the size of the diffs inside, they are off set. In order to have them centered they would need to be about 1/3rd smaller.

I got a lot more done on it tonight.

The rig in itself isnt that bad. Add in the lighting and the sound kit and its a nightmare. There are two different sets of directions and two sets of parts. There is no where in the manual that shows the substitutions so there is a lot of guesswork along with trial and error. Its slowing me down about 75%.

I LOVE IT!!

Gotta love Tamiya's attention to detail. Looks great so far.

What a fun looking build! Are you keeping it completely stock?

I'm going to stay stock for now. There are a few upgrades that can be done but for the most part its a show truck. There are oil shocks that I can get but right now I dont thing Ill get them. If its just sitting on the shelf for the most part I dont need any leakers. I could upgrade the motor but will hang out to see how this one works. Its not built for speed.

I already have the Light, Sound, and vibration package for the Rig. I will get the retractable antenna. There are two upgrades for the trailer. Auto retractable legs and a light kit. I will get both of those upgrades when I build it.

I got the mud flaps, hitch and the servos installed lastnight.

Nice!

So ya gonna actually finish this one or is it going to get parked next to the boat? =devil

I was looking at the pictures and thinking man that is freaking awesome, then I seen who started this thread and thought the samething... something for the boat to talk to ;)

-Michael

Well, now see how Eddy is going to save money on shipping his stuff! (j/k) Looks awesome Eddy!

You guys are ruthless.......
One project out of....... and Ill never live it down. I hate working with wood but didnt know it until I started the boat. NEVER AGAIN!

Some more photos. ASS HOLES :D

kh7.jpg

kh8.jpg

kh9.jpg

kh10.jpg

Looks awesome Ed. Are those updated screws you have on there? Very nice!

Wow. I cannot believe the amount of details. Those pictures in the Tower catalog just don't do it justice at all. Have you decided on a paint scheme yet?

Yes they are.
I'm using the High-Lift kit from www.TeamFastEddy.com :D
Its close to the same platform and MOST of the screws are there but not all.
Good thing I have a stash of extras.

I'm going to paint it Race Orange like all my other cars and get some Team FastEddy stickers.

Wow, that's all I can say is wow. What a beautiful piece of work, and it's a kit to boot. A real joy.
Assembling mechanical wonders, and sanding pieces of trees are two different worlds. I forgive you Ed.

I'm going to paint it Race Orange like all my other cars and get some Team FastEddy stickers.

It should say Team FastEddy trucking on the doors with DOT numbers just to keep the scale look.

It's amazing how much just the hitch and mud flaps add to it. Great looking Truck!

Back