What Is this VTX 1:8 NITRO RC TRUGGY

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a trip. A kid i know and often talk to about rc's just got one like a month ago. He told me about it and i never heard of it. They look cool and he says there pretty quick and strong.

Bryson

the gs racing team went out from the gs factory and they make there own factry its (vtx) .. so the truggy looks good and it got a good price too

Check out team vtx.com for more info. This is a great truck thay can use mugen or kyosho parts on it and the motor is good also. The motor is made by GO technologies.

great truck for someone gettin started in the truggy class. There are things that could be improved, which is why there is some work being done by VTX to bring out better rides and upgrades.

The electronics and engine are junk, but the rest is pretty decent. If you have questions about the truck, lemme know. They asked for me to drive for them this season, and I currently have the truck myself!

I'm not liking the way the flywheel and CB is setup. Looks like it's gonna go through a lot of bearings.

ez fix. scoot the engine closer, get a different clutch bell and grind away about 1 or 2 cm's to fit the flywheel.

The VTX ST1 is the same as GS RAcing XUT, plastic parts are good quality, the weakest points are the steel pinions that are not very durable but I've solved it using GS storm optional pinions, the car handdles very well and allthough it's a rtr car, it's really competitive with just some mods, here you have a couple pics of mine, the carbon parts are custom machined parts.

caixa060.jpg

caixa061.jpg

regarding the special clutch system, I was not having problems with it but I did a couple engine motor mounts to use standard clutch, it's easier to find them and you have a wider range.

caixa112.jpg