Project CyberMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Christian and I have decided to both build .21 Maxxes using the CyberMaxx conversion kit as the base componints.
http://www.rc-solutions.com/index.html

We will use this thread to keep you up to date with the parts we use and photos of our progress.

My goal is to use as few Traxxas parts as possible.
Here is a photo of the CyberMaxx Skeleton / conversion kit we will be using.
It is everything you see minus the bulkheads and chassis braces.

cage4.jpg

Last edited:
I say go for it! It will be sweet to see it. I think your goal shouldnt be as few Traxxas parts as possible but NO Traxxas parts. If you think there is a part that you can't find anywhere else than Traxxas please let me know and I will find an aftermarket part to put in its place!

thats a nice chassis and rollcage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to build this project! I even went and picked up another Picco .26 Outlaw today. It has the same bolt pattern as the OS so the mount will work just fine.

Also, Sky, thought this might make you tingle, I picked up Aluminum Bulkheads as they were recommended by RC-Solutions.

Looks like I'm going to have some TMaxx parts for sale. Some are even brand new in the package and never opened :)

This should be KILLER!

I don't know whether to get a WoodiE or be jealous
=devil

I will definitely be following this thread closely. I want to see how you guys do with that chassis/cage. I may also jump on this little project sometime in the future, and your guys trial and error solutions will make things easier for this penny pinching modeler.

BTW which companies Bulks did you go with?

Dynamites - they came with the sleeves for the hinge-pins. I didnt like any of the bulks that were metal to metal.

I have some Dynamite A-Arms on my Maxx. Nice product. The sleeves are great. Did the bulks come with extra sleeves? They supposedly wear out pretty quickly, but I have yet to replace the ones on my A-Arms.

Yes, extra sleeves as well as all the hingepins, screws and plenty of e-clips.

I went blue.

Cool. When does the build start? And why does blue not surprise me for your color selection?

I'm going to go with the rpm arms on mine.
I have the Dynamite bulks in my field box all ready but dont want use them.

I'm having a dilemma on what shocks to use. i might blow my wad and get progressive or go with the AE or Losi

silver for me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I hope to have the entire kit tomorrow. I picked up the .26 Picco for it as it has the same bolt pattern as the OS. I will let you know for sure how it mounts up ASAP!

Also, picked this bad boy up today:

http://www.slimlineproducts.com/btank.htm

Sky - I think this may be the 'fix all' for broken tanks. And no, you can't tell how much fuel is in it, but............

btank_h175.jpg

Very nice tank. Doubt you could crack that thing...unless you really tried to :D

If you have everything, then get cracking. I want to see this thing go together.

Man this is gonna look nice. Keep us posted:mex:

I dont have everything yet. There are going to be a couple of other parts I may drop in while I am at it. Just trying to decide and find the right deals. A brushed alum. FOC tranny housing I think is in order too.

Got the itch :)

Plus, I need to decide on a pipe.

All I can say is please dont make it a calideacope (sp?) too many diffrent shaded and colored pieces makes it look kinda cheap so be careful and choose wisely.......if you even care about that.

Everything is going to be either brushed/polished alum with no annodizing and some parts will be blue annodized. Thats it :)

good show! I have seen some Maxx's with alot of mula into that just plain look tacky for lack of a better word. I not into looks more than performance or anything but you can at least make it look good. Not something red here 5 different shades of blue a little purple here then some flor green......you get the picture right?

Yeah I'm a prick about it too. I like yellow and blue together on my Maxx. They just flow well. The body I have for it is Blue with Yellow splash. Chances are I will dye the RPM arms Yellow.

Back