rear tierod eliminators, have you tried them?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Have you done the washer mod? Go to your hardware store and pick up pack of #6 washers. Slip one underneath each screw that hold your tie rods in and they will never pop off again.

yea I've done that, guess i dont need anything else, just seems like a good idea. i may try them anyway. less parts = less to go wrong right??

Not necessarily. The rear end might be too strong and in case of a landing that would normally cause a pop off/broken/bent tie rod, the force would be transferred to the knuckle or bulkhead. A tie rod is easier and cheaper to replace IMO.

sweetdiesel said:
Not necessarily. The rear end might be too strong and in case of a landing that would normally cause a pop off/broken/bent tie rod, the force would be transferred to the knuckle or bulkhead. A tie rod is easier and cheaper to replace IMO.

Unless you have lunsford... I break an axle upright on occasion anyway... I wouldn't mind not having to replace worn ball ends periodically.

I don't get how they work? :ponder2:

tierodeliminator.jpg

RCcarpics062.jpg

575.jpg

Oh... that's simple enough! Thanks for the pics.

Without an aluminum upright, it will still let the upright break as a weak point. At least for me.

The ebay one is kind of nice. If you do break an ear off the upright, you can just put the bracket on the other side of the upright without much hassle. It's also a simple solution for those guys that want to run LST shocks.

Last edited:
olds97_lss said:
Unless you have lunsford... I break an axle upright on occasion anyway... I wouldn't mind not having to replace worn ball ends periodically.

I don't get how they work? :ponder2:

Good point about the lunsford ends. I never had a chance to try them out. Don't they have an unbreakable guarantee? I've only had to replace a tierod once, and kept a spare or two in the box.

After seeing the pics of how the eliminators work they look neat,although you do lose rear toe adjustment.

I've beat the absolute hell out of my truck and I've never had a problem with the rear tie rods.

That top pic of the all alum arms with the variable rate springs looks awesome...

sweetdiesel said:
although you do lose rear toe adjustment.

i read somewere you can add washers under the brackets to adjust toe. once a real company picks them up you will probibly be able to buy them with a set toe degree. you can also get two sets and run two per hub to make it even stronger then you wouldnt break the ears as easly.

sweetdiesel said:
Good point about the lunsford ends. I never had a chance to try them out. Don't they have an unbreakable guarantee?
Don't know. I haven't had any problems with the turnbuckle or ball stud. The plastic part wears and gets sloppy. But... I did run them for over a year and I still haven't changed a ball end. I bought a few, but never installed them. So I deal with the slop.

sweetdiesel said:
After seeing the pics of how the eliminators work they look neat,although you do lose rear toe adjustment.

I haven't adjusted my rear toe since I installed the lundsford anyway.

I won the auction and I will get back with everybody on how well they work.

It looks like HPI also has a set of these.

87245_01m.jpg

tie rods are still there.

edit:sorry didn't catch that, thanks beason. They do look kinda fragile?

Last edited:
thats completely different hubs. good way to eliminate them but i bet there $$$ the little tabs are cheep.

edit: doenst look like there there sweet, look at the rear of the truck.

It's a pic from HPI's site. It's a full suspension upgrade kit that they have listed for $235!!! I haven't had enough trouble with my tie rods to worry about them but the ne setup does look nice. Even the front hubs are different.

DAMN!!! It may helpt he performance of the truck and it may look nice but thats like half the price of an entire truck. Not me man.

rob, you should go for it .....i mean you ARE the king right?

No no. Mel Brooks is the king. I just admire him.

Back