Nitromethane MSDS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannarunem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I work in the petrochemical field and know a bit about hazadrous materials. I was browsing around the control room at work when I came across the MSDS for nitromethane so i figured that I would post one up here for you guys since not everyone knows the dangers and characteristics of nitromethane. Of course it is toxic and most of us know that. It might be a good idea to read about what exactly your handling. This is just FYI purposes only. Not trying to scare anyone. Who knows, it might even save someones from potential heaths effects by knowing what to do if something happens. For your benefit...read all of it :cheers:

http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/n5740.htm

Wow it tells you everything about it. Good info. Thanks

very good info ,alittle more info on it too
god for bid it should catch fire on you it is very hard to see other then the oil burning in it all you actually see is the heat from it and a slight yellow flame tip and thats it

It's important to understand too that N.M. exists in a diluted form in our fuel, reducing the hazard potential over pure N.M., and that the methanol which is the actual fuel is many times more flammable than nitromethane.

Back