Oneway Bearing....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TINY_MAXX

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is there Any way to make the Oneway Bearing not slip cuz now i have to take mine of and clean it and everything cuz it keeps sliping really bad...Isn't there some mod that you can do if your bearing is sliping cuz i thought i saw something but now i don't know where i saw it..I had to stop bashing cuz of this stupid bearing!!! Well if you can help me that would be awsome !!

Oh ya by the way .. Can any of you see my sig ?? cuz i can't..

Tiny-
I can't see your sig...You are having a problem with where it is being hosted.

oneway bearing: The traxxas oneway is known for slipping, and it is a pain in the arse. They do go bad, and you might need to replace it, or just clean it with some nitro wash and then do this simple little mod that will help when it happens again:

http://www.maxxskunkworks.com/ModsEZStart.htm

click on the one way bearing fix.

Here's a good fix. Tends to be the most popular EZ start mod.

EZ Start Fix

Oh never mind. Dave beat me to it!!!!

Hey thanks guys ! i'll try that mod when it starts slipping again!

Tiny, I had the same problem, mine slipped every time I tried to start my maxx if it had been sitting for more than a few hours. After taking the easy start off about 5 times to clean the bearing, I finally got tired of it and did the mod they've already linked you to. I've got a piece of fuel tubing from the EZ start fitting I put in, zap strapped to my rear shock tower, with a screw in the end for a plug. I got some carb cleaner from Canadian Tire, and when my bearing slips, I just put one of those little red "straws" that you get with WD40 on the can and shoot some into the fuel line. The slipping stops immediately. Here's a pic:

Attachments

• ez start mod.jpg
    ez start mod.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,100
yep that mod is the way to go funny how almost no other engine has this problem i have 3-4 gallons though a os 12 no problems but first gallon though and my pro 15 slips

That mod for the easy start works Great. One shot of wd40 or practicly anything prevents it from sliping... its a lifesaver.. can't you taste the rambow? or is that skittles.. lol

Originally posted by Rob D
yep that mod is the way to go funny how almost no other engine has this problem i have 3-4 gallons though a os 12 no problems but first gallon though and my pro 15 slips

yeah well that's because the pro .15 isn't really a pro engine. I had tons of problems with a slipping oneway until I got rid of my pro .15 and got a good mill.

Sorry should have stated a pro scrap 15 i agree it is a junk engine I've had 3 of them and only on has run worth a damn and still is running rest have been replaced with os...

funny thing the one pro scrap that runs well is on my 4tec and is the only one that the one was has never slipped on

Back