Here's how you strip a body.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatzoRC

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
First thing you do is find some ELO-"Easy Lift Off" Made by Polly-S, and an old hard toothbrush.
Warning! This stuff will destroy any decals or stickers you have on the car!
elo.jpg

Dip the brush into the car and spread it on the surface where paint is to be removed.
After about 10 minutes, I go at it with the brush till the paint becomes soupy.
I then run it under the slop sink faucet and brush at the same time.
Several coats will take a few applications, but give it time.
It's harder to remove metal flake, and color flip paints, but will be affective.

You will see here that after just a few minutes, It's starting to work.
Tomorrow, I will strip it down totaly.
strip1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Ill need that some day....

Where can ya buy Elo? I found some on tower, but it was on back order and havnt been able to find any, anywhere. Also do ya know how old of paint ya can strip? When i bought my rs4 I got 3 bodys with it that are in nice shape, but the person who painted them is a moron so this would be good for them.

Kinda sad to see such a nice paint job down the drain.. I thought it looked awesome.

funny i thought to strip a body you started with your teeth on the strings of the blouse.......................

or a fistfull of $1's

CorradoPsi said:
funny i thought to strip a body you started with your teeth on the strings of the blouse.......................

or a fistfull of $1's

First thing you need is Mace, then some rope and duct tape..
WHAT........SHHHHHH who said that.

4u2nv said:
Where can ya buy Elo? I found some on tower, but it was on back order and havnt been able to find any, anywhere. Also do ya know how old of paint ya can strip? When i bought my rs4 I got 3 bodys with it that are in nice shape, but the person who painted them is a moron so this would be good for them.

Kinda sad to see such a nice paint job down the drain.. I thought it looked awesome.

I'll paint another one. No big deal.

Do you have to use anything after to clean any residue?

Rope? mace? duct tape? Sopme people pay for that kind of stuff...............

After you are sure that all the paint is off, give it a good bath with soap and water.

ARe there any after effects to the body when this is done?

jon2 said:
ARe there any after effects to the body when this is done?

If you didn't use any metal flake, or flip base, you should be fine.
The paint loves to stick on metal flake, and flake is harder to remove.

The only effects that you might see, is where you cut the masking tape with the exacto. (little scratches).
After you repaint, you won't see it anymore.
And as I posted earlier, Warning! This stuff will destroy any decals or stickers you have on the car!

is there anyother product out there that I'm likely to get in New ZeaLand

Do ya know how effective it is on old paint?

i have used laquer thinner to take paint off .. the lexan paints arent as hard to remove as car paint ... like polyurethane.... good trick tho ...

laquer thinner didn't work for me,i scared a body doing that,made it cloud and melted it.

That was my thought as well. Does it mar the outside finish at all?

By the way, Polly S brand paints are real popular with model train people, so check your area for a good model train store, not just a hobby shop or toy store that carries some model train stuff, but a real diehard store.

Laquer thinner will ruin a body!
Do Not use it!

Yeah I did the laquer thinner once.. What a mess.. It ate the whole front half, from the windshield forward off.. Had to toss it. That was back in my noobie days..hehe