A Special Thank You to Castle Creations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrechM

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
You may have seen me touting the brushless motor/esc Mamba packages from Castle Creations over the past several months in some of the 1/18th threads.

I’ve been having a few issues with what I though was "cogging". My Mini T would stutter sometimes at the start from a dead stop. I had been chalking it up to cogging, stuttering or on-off on-off as it was explained to me. I was informed that the Mamba packages were designed not to do that. In fact Stuttering or grinding from a stop is an indication of something wrong with the motor and/or the esc providing that you are using good connectors, batteries etc.

Now what you also need to know is that this motor/esc package was ordered through Hobby Town from Castle Creations back in December 2004.

After some speed runs up and down my court over the weekend and signs the above mentioned were still present after all of the power settings were tested, I sent an email to Castle Creations. My email consisted of a request for a cogging issue fix.

The response was quick with a request for detailed information on the type of car, batteries, motor/esc, connectors and a detailed explanation of the symptoms.

The next response was as quick;
“Stuttering and/or grinding on a Mamba system are not normal” and “New ESC on it's way :)

A favor was done for me today by Castle Creations for a new esc for my 6800 KV motor! Above and beyond what one would expect.

Thanks Shawn!

-StrechM

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to ask the admin/mods to post this over in electrics or 1/18th's so it reaches more people. Very nicely written letter. Never hurts to be polite and respectful in writings. Looks like it got a lot done for you.

Its fine in this thread.
This issue could happen on any electric RC.

Its nice to deal with a good Hobby Shop.
Do you have a link to their site?
This sounds like a place worth supporting.

The hobby shop is one of the Hobby Town franchises, Rocklin Ca. They ordered it for me from Castle Creations then started carrying the product once they saw how well they worked for surface and air rc.

The replacement was offered directly from Castle Creations by Shawn Palmer. This was the second time that I've had contact with this company. Each question was answered very quickly. There is a rumor going around that this is a good company to deal with but never expected that they would go this far on a 4-5 month old setup.

http://www.castlecreations.com/

Recieved the replacement esc today along with a prepaid envelope to return the old one.
Castle Creations rock!

Great news,Castle Creations has great service.When I called I got an answer and fast.

I will buy more Castle Creations products,they stand behind their products.

Back