Savage SS 4.6 Body is complete!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC48

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok guys, I got the body finished up and I think it looks awesome. I can't take credit though, a friend of mine who is not on the boards laid down the paint. It was simple masking tape with rattle cans. What do you think?

caa81b1b.jpg

ca924ab2.jpg

8562c490.jpg

WOW !!! now I am even more jacked up excited to get my SS 4.6 this week. nice work! looks great.

Just out of curiousity... what did you use for servos?

Looks good AC. Got me jonesin'. Searcing out a "best deal" on a 4.6 right now and hope to have one built by the time the snow thaws..

For servos I am running a XTM X-175 for steering, and a Hitec HS-645MG for throttel/brake.

Good luck with your search Candyman, I got mine from Bruce at RushRC, he is a great guy to deal with, I definetely would reccomend him.

Looks great very cean and nice, keep up the good work.

those wheels set the truck off nice as well as the blue and silver. are you a dallas fan? rush has my 40 series cheyennes on back order. hopefully they will be here this next week.

Looks great!

Nice color combination.

Mr T

Very nice job on the body and truck. It looks awesome!

arawak, I'm a Patriots fan, thanks for the comments.

rossb, yes, my buddy masked them off, sprayed on the blue, then sprayed on the silver. The silver backs all of the blue which really gives it a nice metalic look. I really like it.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

LOOKS GREAT. My Savage SS 4.6 kit is on the way. I do not spend much time on painting my bodies, as after a few hours of running they are all ready all beat up. Just started running my MT Racer I been building for two years and after a half of gallon the body looks bad. I keep saying I am going to get two for each of my 17 RC cars and trucks one to run and one for show but I never do. :tank:

I'm thinking about doing a body just for "down time" like for show.. then switching it out for a basher body.. cause i f*ck um up quick!! looks great man I've never painted one but when i do i hope it comes out that nice...

I also have a Ram body that looked really good. It was 'supposed' to be my show body but of course I just had to run it with that body, now it looks like crap. Maybe this time I will learn and just run it with the Ram body and use that one for show :shrug:

Thanks guys for your coments.

Back