Wasp .28 Savage SS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC48

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just recently dropped my Wasp .28 into my Savage SS. Today was the first day I got a chance to run it. This is by far the fasted savage I have ever seen, well maybe not the vid of a Top .28, but man this thing flys.

Its kind off funny seeing how fast this savage takes off. Seeing a 11 pound machine move this fast is crazy, cause I'm used to the S-25 lol. Before I put it in the savage it was in my buggy and it had too much power for it lol, no joke. I couldn't keep the wheels from spining. Now that it is in a Savage with those huge squishy tires its gets all the power to the ground, the rear end squats and it just hauls ass, that is if it doesn't wheelie.

I took it down the street for some WOT speed. So I was flying down the road, heard it shift, then all of sudden the revs shot up and lost all power. It made a clanking sound, but I thought it was the slipper clutch, now I'm confused so I walk up to it and give it a little gas only to see the whole engine just wobbling around!!!

I quickly stalled it and took it in to find out three of the four mount screws had fallen out lol. Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience with a kick ass engine. If anyone is looking to upgrade thier savage engine the Wasp .28 is awsome!

Danm thats awesome I'm goiing to have to get it for my buggy, iv heard tons of great news about this engine and to here this is awesome, Man i can't wait.

I'm with Mark lets see a vid, ASAP, or else. JK

Thanks for putting that bit out there. There are so many people looking for replacement engines, it's good to hear experiences of all kinds.

I have one ready to go in the savage, but there's always the question..would this one, or that one have been better.

I also hear a lot of good about the XTM 24.7 and 24.7 pro

Thats very good to hear since I am getting one for X-Mas. It would be kool if you could get a vid sometime.

lykan said:
Thanks for putting that bit out there. There are so many people looking for replacement engines, it's good to hear experiences of all kinds.

I have one ready to go in the savage, but there's always the question..would this one, or that one have been better.

I also hear a lot of good about the XTM 24.7 and 24.7 pro
I also had a XTM 24.7 in my savage, but this Wasp .28 is on a different level of power. Don't ged me wrong the 24.7 is a great engine for the price but the Wasp .28 is just insane. I'll get some vid soon, hopefully. :)

Hey guys,

Just took out the savage and fine tuned her, now its almost impossible to controll this thing, I got a HS-645MG brake servo which locks up the wheelis for some nose wheelies and some unbelieveable torque from my Wasp which makes for some insane wheelies.

I can do a noes wheelie, floor it into a regular wheelie, nail the brakes and go into a nose wheelie so fast, its increidable. I've got a camerman lined up for this weekend so hopefull I'll get some vid for you guys. :D (this isn't a promise :))

Man its a blast driving an engine this powerful, I swear it feels like twice the power of a S-25, even quite a bit more power than a 24.7, its increidable... :D

Last edited:
I will agree w/ you all the way AC48. I got the Wasp and had to sell her. But I just made a few extra x-mas $$$, so another one has been ordered and awaiting delivery tomorrow (hopefully).

BTW, what CB/SG are you running? I just got in a couple of the new 47 Tooth Spur gears and am going to slap one of those on, along w/ the 18T CB. Plus, I just scooped up the Extended TVP's. It's time once again for my savage to mutate into the beast she is known to be. LOL.

Right now I am runing 14/49 because thats what my RRP combo is. This set-up worked well with my S-25 but is too low for the Wasp .28. I'm getting a bigger CB soon.

LOL, yeah...

Well now theres threadlock in there, I learned my lesson. I just swapped out the crappy stock servo saver for the new HPI Cam-Type one. Too late to run her now, but I definetely trying it out tomarrow! :D

Sorry guys,

I ran into a tree at WOT, in the air so I couldn't doge it, and snapped an upright. This is only the second part other than gas tanks I have broken in the whol year I've had it. No vid this weekend :shrug:

Hey AC48,

If you broke one of the stock shock towers, I have a couple extra lying around you can have for free. Just PM me your address and I'll put them in the mail for ya.

Thank you very much for the offer, but I only broke a C-Hub. It should be fixed up by next weekend though :D

No prob, anyone else here need a spare tower let me know.

Back