It's Alive and Back from the Dead

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJRC

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Two weeks ago I did a trade with a good member "Zandor" for his old buggy FS: LX PRO more then a roller and today I got her up and running again. The buggy originally had some history on it and needed some minor adjusments along with some spare parts I had on hand to bring her back from the dead. Basically a complete rebuild was done and today with some patience, I got her up and running.
I can't compare it to a race winning champion like Kyosho or a Mugen, but none of that matters to me because it's just "my buggy to enjoy"

Here it is in refurbished condition: and sorry if pics are too large....doesn't everyone have a 17 inch monitor or larger now a days

njrc1.jpg

njrc2.jpg

njrc3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good NJRC, I have a buggy that was pretty much made with parts off of this site. I bought the Storm without an engine or servos from Darthracer, the 8 Port from Imbroken and the wheels that are on it are from a buggy roller that I bought from Jon2. Some of the stuff I have added are the JP-2 pipe a new wing and body, Hitec servos and Ofna failsafe and a few more dynamite parts, Darthracer had already had the dynamite towers.

5178Storm_with_8_Port_002-med.jpg

5178Storm_with_8_Port_003-med.jpg

Last edited:
all I can say is wow looks great..how does that 8port race run??

runs good so far......I bit touchy and sensitive on the needles

I just seen you found a great place for the RCNT sticker :thumbup:
(andy) 4u2nv made them for me....

didnt know they still made 17" monitors :)

Brings back memories......Both buggies look pretty nice. Good job fellas.

Ahh, it lives!! I hope Nitro 21 is enjoying my old buggy. :D
Kinda kicking myself a bit though. I may get a buggy again in the spring. Damn nitro fever. :p

Isn't the winter time great for resurrection projects!
Both RCs look great. Bet you can't wait for spring thaw.

WOW! That is one clean buggy. It looks great. If you have some extra cash ($50 or less) look for an OS20E carb. A while back EBMods had a few for sale for like $20. IMO it made a world of difference with my 8 port. I still have the stock carb just incase.

i want some RCNT stickers dammit...lol....new xb8 wing needs a good sticker....!!!!!!

both these rides look awsome...nice job their fellas

heres something to piss you guys off........ Here in Newzealand we race all year round cause we dont freeze over :) so race race race is all we do hehe

mikeburgin said:
heres something to piss you guys off........ Here in Newzealand we race all year round cause we dont freeze over :) so race race race is all we do hehe
you just had to say that HUH... :argue:

Hey NJRC, what engine is in that buggy? Is that the Hyper21?

zandor said:
you just had to say that HUH... :argue:

Well, sorry to say this, but here in South-Africa it doesn't snow either, (In fact, it rarely goes below 10degrees C, so we race year round too. :)

:buggy1:

yup sny,.....it's a hpyer 21 8 port race that came with the bug I got from zandor

must be nice to race year round......I am having racing withdraw. I need an indoor dome dirt track around me that races nitro indoors cause it is too damn cold by me now.

NJRC said:
yup sny,.....it's a hpyer 21 8 port race that came with the bug I got from zandor

must be nice to race year round......I am having racing withdraw. I need an indoor dome dirt track around me that races nitro indoors cause it is too damn cold by me now.

How do you like that engine? My LHS has one looking exactly like that, and I am considering it to put in my Hyper7 pro. It is a good price, (at current exchange rate R6/$1) it is $280.

An OS VZ(b) p for comparison is basically double that amount.
(Sorry, the OS is not really double. I just checked and it is more like $320)

Last edited:
Uhmm?.....those prices are South Africa prices?....$280 for a Hyper8 cause US is around $170 so i guess with the exchange rate it's about right.
So far I have only been breakin it in at a slow rate since weather around me is like below 40 degrees somedays, but so far it's a nice engine at only close to four tanks in it.

Back