New Ofna Picco 26, Silver LSN

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossb

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got a new Ofna Picco 26 and it came with the silver tapered LSN. I've read that the silver LSN causes the motor to bog & run rich at mid throttle and most people are running the black blunt LSN. I also read that the black blunt LSN was supposed to be included with my new motor.

What LSN are you Picco 26 guys running?

my wasp .26 came with both needles, I've ran both needles and came to like tuning with the black needle better, the black just seems to make the low and mid range of the .26 much more crisp.

I've had the wasp.26 for over a year. The silver tapered needle makes tuning easier due to the progressive nature of the taper but the black squared off needle will give you more power but harder to get a perfect tune due to it's abrupt transition when it clears the seat.

I am guessing that the performance difference between these two needles is just part throttle and part to full throttle transitions? WOT should be the same since the needle is way out of the seat.

Am I Correct?

yes and no. due to the black needle having a more sqaured off shape, the high end needle tends to be set more lean before the low speed can be set correctly. this is becuase when the black needle fully leaves the seat at WOT, there is a sudden surge of fuel coming into the engine. the silver needle is more tapered and fuel comes in more progressivly. and so to rid get of the bog that may occur during mid to high transition the high end is set slightly leaner than you would with the silver needle.

so overall you will have a slightly leaner mixter when dailed in with the black needle and have more overall power. this is jsut IMO, but i really feel the engine makes more crisp power thru out the power-band when dialed in with the black needle.

BTW i recently added one .10mm shim and am using OS A5 plugs with trinity 30%, with the shim tuning is even more consistant with very raw power at around 230*, actually i cannot notice (if any) power loss.

The instruction sheet that came with the motor claims that the factory break-in setting for the LSN is 11 turns out. The web page listed above confirms that. That is a huge number of turns and it causes the head of the needle to stick way out of the slide collar. That seems wrong to me, any comments?

I'm runnin two of them in my Maxx rossb and I noticed the same thing... I think they (manufacturer) and us (everybody else) have two different definitions for "turn". I've figured out that if you assume that "turn" means 180 degrees then it's right on the money. Basically, factory should be 5 1/2 full turns out from all the way in. Oh, and I have the OFNA/PICCO "outlaw" w/ silver LSN

Back