New Jammin Buggy X1 CR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
x1cr3.jpg

Detailed pics and info here: http://www.jamminproducts.com/x1cr.htm

Looks kinda like a MBX5.

Nice find

dude check out the hopped up Ofna. hehe, jk.

I think it does look nice. ANyone try this out yet or seen it in living color?

No, but I'll tell you this - it was NOT designed by OFNA. Jammin Jay made this buggy 100% - in fact, the only help he had was a few friends, including Adam Drake - yes, this is the buggy that Drake has been racing around some of the tracks he's been hitting. From the details I got, the buggy is solid and not based off the Hyper 7 or OFNA 9.5 series - it was started from the ground up right here in the USA. The only thing that Jay did was coordinate with the mass production and setting up of the machinery in OFNA's plant to crank them out - oversaw each step of tooling and configuration to make sure it was like his prototype.

The buggy has been setup to have a low CG and everything has been configured to be as close to or right on dead center of the buggy.

Best I can tell, it should prove to be VERY competitive with the Mugens and K-cars. I'm even thinking about grabbing one as soon as its available - I don't really get into the buggies that deep when they are brand new (usually like for them to be out for a while so others can work the bugs out)!

It should be out on the shelves VERY soon!!

Lots of new toys hitting the market right now - just in time for Christmas!! hehehe!

PD2:cool:

PD2 said:
No, but I'll tell you this - it was NOT designed by OFNA. Jammin Jay made this buggy 100% - in fact, the only help he had was a few friends, including Adam Drake - yes, this is the buggy that Drake has been racing around some of the tracks he's been hitting. From the details I got, the buggy is solid and not based off the Hyper 7 or OFNA 9.5 series - it was started from the ground up right here in the USA. The only thing that Jay did was coordinate with the mass production and setting up of the machinery in OFNA's plant to crank them out - oversaw each step of tooling and configuration to make sure it was like his prototype.

Nah, you can see its almost a straight copy of the new Xray.... :jk:

I've seen it, and raced against it.. A friend here in NC is a factory driver for them, and has been racing this buggy for the past 6 months or so..

It's actually pretty sweet.. ALOT of innovative parts on this one..

jmart1013 said:

you mean like that funky rear wing/shocktower/brace setup they have going on there? id like to see a close up shot of that.

jmart1013 said:
I've seen it, and raced against it.. A friend here in NC is a factory driver for them, and has been racing this buggy for the past 6 months or so..

You sure they weren't racing the prototypes for the new Hyper 7 coming out? I know that OFNA is working on that right now - totally independent project from this X1.

CorradoPsi said:
you mean like that funky rear wing/shocktower/brace setup they have going on there? id like to see a close up shot of that.

Yeah, the rear wing mounts are VERY stout. The wing angle is all adjustable too and attaches to a very nice, polished 7075 aluminum shock tower, which is standard on the X1 Pro.

In fact, the chassis is hard-coated, machined, 6061 aluminum. The steering knuckles are machined, 7075 aluminum alloy. The chassis braces are CNC-aluminum. And the steering swing plate is 7075 machined-aluminum.

Yes, it's the new Jammin' buggy.. Jay Hasley was actually even at one of the races (as was Adam Drake).. The innovative parts I was speaking of were a "Z brace" on the chassis, a flat gas tank that extends under the center CVA to lower the center of gravity, and thick carbon shock towers standard. Didn't notice a big difference in the rear setup..will take a look next time I'm racing against the buggy..

-Jon

Whoops, the shock towers I was speaking about will be option parts...forgot..

Nitrohouse says they have no idea when it is going to be available. They don't know about the PCR Pro coming back in stock either. Damn it! Why doesn't anyone know anything?

LOL! Yeah, that date was a little off a!

Today, Nitrohouse says that the PCR Pro probably won't be back, and the X1 should be available within a couple of weeks. Also that the PCR Pro isn't coming back because of the World's buggy that is supossed to be out around Christmas. I haven't heard of the World's buggy, have you?

We need some smilies like the one OfnaDave has on that link! :hammer:

Yay its just another Buggy, all the new buggies are so close none of them are really anything to boast about, and as far as being an original design, I doubt that, they will be all the good peices accumulated over time off every buggy ever made, they all are, so it was designed in the US, is it going to be made in the States as well, or is it going to be like everything else and made in asia or indonesia :) Looking at pics and stats they claim lower center of grav on everything, on dirt it dont make that much difference, my cars never roll now so lower center of gravs not going to make any difference, if it was a road car then maybe, the shock especially the rears are to upright, great for big air but not so good for a fast bumpy track, if you can't lay them over you have no progression in your suspension, other than that looks fine, lots of bling bling CF etc, who knows i may eat my words but to me i would still go with the mugen or my brand new X-RAY YAY

Last edited:
Back