RCNT Hampton Roads Bash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Here are a few pics I clicked today. Here's Sky doing his burm to burm:
100_1024a.jpg

I truly hope Russ Winn posts part 2 of this pic of El Destructo or should I say El Falcetto:
100_1043a.jpg

Sky with a "classic" landing:
100_1049a.jpg

El Destructo's new Violator:
100_1051a.jpg

Violator pic #2:
100_1053a.jpg

Sky flying straight....
100_1061a.jpg

Sky getting good air:
100_1096a.jpg

Russ Winn about to land:
100_1102a.jpg

Russ Winn midair:
100_1103a.jpg

Sky midair:
100_1108a.jpg

Sky and El Destructo getting dual air:
100_1114a.jpg

El Destructo with a classic landing:
100_1115a.jpg

El Destructo trying to hide Sky:
100_1121a.jpg

Sky with a prefect landing:
100_1127a.jpg

Some dude who showed up as we were winding down and his new Revo which I might add lasted a whole 10 minutes on the track before breaking:
100_1146a.jpg

Last edited:
Those are some good pics EP. Have you taken out the AC yet? Hopefully we get a video for this bash too!

i think he busted a shock.

also i already have todays footage edited and running but i think ill keep you guys in suspense untill i get day 2 on film :hammer:

FastEddy said:
He hasn't found a good used one yet :p:
But w/ Sky and jumping, wouldn't even a new body look used after the first jump? LOL

The pics look good. I like the one titled Russ Winn midair, the guy in the background looks pretty small which seems to give the buggy some extra height. How did the carnage for everyone go on the first day? Were you guys out of commission w/in the first hour (like last time)?

Last edited:
After the first bash, where most everyone totalled their bodies inside of a half an hour on this track...I decided no need for the lid. I run all three of my buggies topless. Talk about plenty of cooling air.

At any rate, they fly and perform quite well without a lid.

The REVO tanked his rear suspension. Shocks and tower. I did start a thread in the REVO section talking about it.

My damages were three sheared shock shafts (had plenty of spares...so no great loss there). I also lost a few screws and found a bunch more loose on the Storm. Found some loose screws on my second MBX-5. No great loss there as I had plenty of spare screws...and many think I have loose screws all the time, anyway.

I spent this evening cleaning things up...and found that my RB S-7 had eaten a couple of bearings in the clutch bell. So chalk that up as some carnage...might also explain why it was running like crap after the first tank.

Aside from that...today was perfect for bashing...the weather and track were great. Believe it or not, I did not shoot a single frame of still or video footage. This bash might go video-less (except for what Loser sets up) unless I get some footage tomorrow. BTW the kid in the mid-air shot is Loser.

More to come...

Ok Video clips more will be definately coming along with more pics. The first video is of Skyline Racer showing that the super jump from the last sesion is a piece of cake, even wingless. http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/Panama2Hot/rc/bashes/0409/gColton_Jump_2.MOV

Next we have El Destructo doing the same jump http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/Panama2Hot/rc/bashes/0409/gJohnJump.MOV

Now we have Sky getting the Distance award http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/Panama2Hot/rc/bashes/0409/gSkyGoodJump.MOV

How could I forget the video clip of the Tandem ED/Sky jump: http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/Panama2Hot/rc/bashes/0409/Tandem_Jump.MOV

Good stuff EP, Great fun today 8)

I actually shot a few dozen vids of you but that was one of the best. Here are the first batch of pics:

Loser and his buggy while Skyline Racer's buggy is in flight:
z100_1184a.jpg

Loser's buggy flying:
z100_1188a.jpg

Skyline Racer's buggy going down:
z100_1190a.jpg

Some guys showed up with a monster truck by XTM, for some reason the name escapes me:
z100_1223a.jpg

z100_1224a.jpg

Sky completely vertical:
z100_1228a.jpg

Skyline Racer:
z100_1234a.jpg

Skyline Racer's 1st bounce theory at work:
z100_1250a.jpg

Our first real casualty of the day, Skymaxx:
z100_1257a.jpg

Next batch of pics:

Nick working on his back flips:
z100_1263a.jpg

ED's broken Violator:
z100_1275a.jpg

Sky's buggy at apex:
z100_1278a.jpg

Sky's buggy in flight:
z100_1288a.jpg

Sky's long flights. The X in each pic show where he took off at:
z100_1300a.jpg

z100_1306a.jpg

ED's Violator doing a 1/2 axel in flight:
z100_1308a.jpg

ED just loves adding a degree of difficulty before he lands:
z100_1323a.jpg

heres skyline racers buggy in flight..big time!
5623Huge_Air.jpg

I hate to say it but the pic is blury, I do say that the truck being in the pic definately give the height scale.

As soon as I finish editing the next batch of pics I will post them.

makes me feel proud lol... nice shot man, even if its blurry, i got a good launch on that one

Next batch of pics:

Another of Sky and his now famous crossover:
z100_1331a.jpg

Sky midair:
z100_1342a.jpg

Rob's Savage:
z100_1346a.jpg

Sky's new Mugen:
z100_1348a.jpg

ED's Violator in midair:
z100_1353a.jpg

z100_1356a.jpg

Skyline Racer's Buggy in flight:
z100_1359a.jpg

Skyline Racer was doing great multiple flip jumps but they was lacking a little when it came time for rubber side down:
z100_1362a.jpg

Last but not least, be weary Savage owners, jumps that buggies can take are sometimes not meant for Savages. More specifically the jumps in the video I posted was tried by a Savage and you can figure out the result:
z100_1374a.jpg

SkYLiNe RaCeR said:
makes me feel proud lol... nice shot man, even if its blurry, i got a good launch on that one

Dude... that was probably one of the best jumps I've seen on tape... The speed & gracefulness of your approach was very impressive. That buggy left the lip at maxx power... Great jump...

Nice pics and vids too. Sky was definitely living up to his name. It look like his buggy was hitting the jumps and simply coasting through the air. I also thought that the pic of the buggy w/ the truck was pretty good. You definitely can tell the height off of that one. Great job.

BTW, did the savage try the big jump over the street or was that from simply hitting the BMX jumps?

the savage tried to jump the street but noone was really ready with there cams so all the footage that was got from it is kinda scetchy...for example in the movie i made you see..
him fly over the top of the jump (looking good)
his nose end starts to fall(starting to look bad)
he falls like a rock...(its offically bad now)and then he lands behind i bush so i dont have any more on vid but you can hear his exhaust pipe pop off ^_^

Back