Kyosho MP 7.5 Sport RTR problems....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvec7

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was just wondering what the problems are w/ this buggy in its stock setup.

I know a few tho:
1. No foam inserts
2. plastic spur
3. Weak shocks

I've also heard that the diffs are weak, is this true? And, are there any other problems w/ this buggy?

Shocks suck, diffs are fine. You can buy gear set to add 2 small 10t gears for middle and rear. They only have 2 of the small. THe gear set is cheap. The front diff, I would buy a kIII one off of ebay for 50 bucks. The plastic spur gear lasted me a long time even using a ws7ii on it. Still good too. I just got a new center diff that came with the metal one. RTR mp75 is ready to run, not ready to RACE. Stay in a flat area like a baseball field. No jumping big jumps and hitting alot of hard bumps. OH yeah no front chasis brace is very bad. Get one. I bent my chasis first run.

I don't know what you plan on doing with it but the car itself is pretty sturdy. The GX-21 is fun but it only lasted 1 month before the connecting rod snapped. I bought the Picco .21 for it and runs great but I had to mod the blue heat sink engine mount and engine mounting holes to get it to fit. If I would have bought the standard engine mount it would have fit perfect. I snapped a front lower arm once but $5 later I was back in business.

ok.. the buggy is a good buggy.. dont get me wrong.. however.. there are things that are very poor on the car..

1. Shocks.. bend very easily
2. Diffs.. front- comes with only 2 planetary gears inside, aluminum ring gear, and the pinion gear is weak as well. rear- same as front. center- plastic spurgear, only 2 planetary gears
3. chassis braces. definitly need to get some of those
4. chassis- there is no notch out in the chassis for a newer motor. if you put a newer motor in your car.. the clutchbell rides on the chassis.. causing motor wear.. need to space the motor plates up for clearance.
5. the center dog bones are thinner.. bend pretty easy.
6. same with the front and rear dog bones

Do not get the K3 front diff.. get 2 K3 rear diffs.. alot of racers are getting rid of their LSD diffs for the standard diffs..

the buggy is a good buggy.. to get you going.. but you gotta put alot of money into it.

If you replace the motor.. you gotta get all new stuff.. new header, pipe, flywheel, clutchnut, bearings, shoes, clutchbell, motor mounts and plates.. alot of stuff just if you replace the motor..

This is all from experience..

Ok, well, that takes the MP7.5 RTR out of the equation for me. Thanks for all the replies.

cvec.. if you want a good RTR buggy.. then go with Ofna.. they have great RTR buggies.. Hyper 7 PCR is good.. except for that laydown servo..that sux.. or the Hyper 7 RTR

Back