Sold / Found FS: Hopped up TRAXXAS T-Maxx (SOLD)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
FS: The SkyMaxx is up for grabs

Ladies and gentlemen (mostly the latter),

I am pleased to announce that I am selling my T-Maxx. It is taking up space on my work table and not seeing much use. It is in great shape and is a fun truck to run. I just seem to have outgrown it.

The pricetag is $400+shipping.

To see the beast CLICK HERE

I am certain that you will find that it is worth the money. I have a little more than $1800 invested in it. Any part that is hopped up, you get the stock part (if I still have it and it is in working order). This deal is too good to pass up.

PM me with your offers or shipping questions. Please ask your truck specific questions in this thread to allow other prospective buyers the benefit of any answers I provide.

-SkyMaxx

Last edited:
sky were did you get those shock towers. thoses are sweet

The shock towers are Hard Core Racing shock towers. They started as green and I stripped the anodizing off of them. Pricey but right. They have handled everything I could throw at them.

Okay...the price is now negotiable, but do not try to low ball me on this. This truck is in great shape. All worn parts were replaced with new from my stash of spare parts. This is a great truck to bash with, and the pictures prove it.

Make me an offer...no trades.

Here is your chance to own a piece of history. :)

Out of all of the pictures I have seen at RCNT I do believe this one is still my favorite.

Mud2_jpg.jpg

It just goes to prove what these things can take.

I also don't know too many people who do as much cleaning/maintenence as Skymaxx. The thing looks brand new.

also havin probs viewing pics

Tez, you are now the second person...however, the first person to have problems resolved them on his end. Seems members from outside the continental US may be having issues viewing the site.

If you are interested, Tez, I can send you some pics and a list of what the truck has on it.

Originally posted by mcvickj
Here is your chance to own a piece of history. :)

Out of all of the pictures I have seen at RCNT I do believe this one is still my favorite.

Mud2_jpg.jpg

It just goes to prove what these things can take.

The funny thing is, I was still running it with that lid and under those conditions when I overtorqued the second drive axle. That turned my two wheel driver into a no wheel driver and ended the day. The first drive axle overtorqued near the beginning of the day. Check my gallery for more pictures of the muddy maxx in action (they are near page 8 or 9 of my gallery).

No one out there even wants to even make an offer on this truck? Has it passed its prime? Anyone?

Nice Truck Skyy...shouldn't be hard to sell.

As for that pic....it's an instant classic IMO. If I didn't know any better I'd think it was fake as the entire truck is caked in mud but the wheels are still blinding a little.hehe.

Trust me it was far from fake. El Pirata can certainly attest to the fact that the mud runs did occur and that the truck did indeed come away looking like that.

I appreciate the props on the truck.

Now, somebody come on and make me an offer. This thing has the look of new and the strength of many hop ups. It is a runner and would make a great RC for someone either entry level or better.

sky will this ride handle a bb conversion w/out having to change any thing but the slide carb conversion?or the siro drop in

oh and do you paypal

330 shipped

The only engines that will drop in are the .15-18 series. It will take the P3 .21 engine which is a bored out .18.

Anything other than that requires a .21 conversion. For that you are talking the longer chassis, chassis braces and center drive axles. In order to run a slide carb, you need to make that adjustment as well.

Unfortunately I do not have paypal. I have been burned electronically before and so am leary. I therefore conduct things by check, money order, etc. If still interested, PM with an offer (keep in mind, I am not desperate yet...so low ball offers are not likely to go very far.)

Last edited:
I can personally vouch for this t-maxx. I have bashed with sky many times that that thing will take a beating and ask for more. As far as him maintaining his stuff, there are 2 distinct differences between our views of maintenance. I show up to a bash session with the mud still on their from the bash session a month ago, sky's stuff, on the other hand, shows up looking like it came out of the showroom.

El Pirata, thanks for the support.

Thank you for the interest Zandor. Believe me, I can understand exactly where you are coming from.

Any takers. This sweet truck is waiting for a new home at the right price.

Are you interested in any trades?

Sorry, not interested in trades. The reason I am getting rid of this truck is to make room on my table, nor add more to it. I appreciate the offer, but cash only.

Sky Maxx; Could you go $340 shipped?

LMK, Thanks

Mr. T

I notice T-Maxes make more money when you part them out, just sucks cuz you make a trip to the post office everyday for 2 weeks.

Mr. T...I'm looking for no less than $350 if I am to pay the shipping. E-mail me or PM me with any questions or counter offers.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back