reactive weelie bar

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C car guy

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my bro. had this idea for a weelie bar which instead of just preventing the truck from flipping backwards, it also springs the truck back onto all four wheels. it would have a joint in it with a spring connecting to both sides of the joint. it's hard to explain it, but it's fairly simple. i think he's making a picture of the design so you guys can see what i'm talking about. it seems like it would work. except there wouldn't be a standered. it would have to be callaberated for each truck that it gets put on(number of springs, spring tension, spring length, etc.). this would be kinda cool cause you'll be able to keep the power of you're engine without having to gear it down and will be able to control the truck. so what do you guys think? would it work and push the truck back onto all four wheels?

Different spring tensions could be decided by holes in the arms of the bar. The fuirther the hole, the more the tension.

If it were just to pop the truck back on all fours for the occasional "I got traction whoops!, backflip" yeah maybe it would work.

To actually hold it on the ground while traveling, I'm no0t too sure about that.

yeah, i meant that it's for not flipping the truck completely over and not having to ride out the wheelie, while keeping speed. it's not to have it constantly dragging on the ground to keep the truck down.

wheelie bar

that's basically what the wheelie bar would look like. the vertical bar would be held in place and the bar to the left of the joint would pivot.

Hmmm that would mean no more long out of control wheelies... Not good..:thumbdown just kiding, it should work but I rather have the front wheels in the air.

Originally posted by R/C car guy
my bro. had this idea for a weelie bar which instead of just preventing the truck from flipping backwards, it also springs the truck back onto all four wheels. it would have a joint in it with a spring connecting to both sides of the joint. it's hard to explain it, but it's fairly simple. i think he's making a picture of the design so you guys can see what i'm talking about. it seems like it would work. except there wouldn't be a standered. it would have to be callaberated for each truck that it gets put on(number of springs, spring tension, spring length, etc.). this would be kinda cool cause you'll be able to keep the power of you're engine without having to gear it down and will be able to control the truck. so what do you guys think? would it work and push the truck back onto all four wheels?

The way that you describe, your truck would end up being nothing more than a powered pinball, because there is nothing to dampen the spring action. You're truck would be, literally, out of control, while doing wheelies, regardless of the spring-rate, length, etc.

jack what are you talking about... its simply a mechanism to push the front end down when it goes up to far instead of having to let off the gas...

Jack is right... without shocks to cushion the force of the wheelie, the truck would be thrown back to all four wheels and would bounce back into a wheelie. This would be even harder to control than a normal wheelie bar. So just springs wouldn't work.

Like this:

Edit:
Please resize pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks lke it could work. How does the truck react when it's engaged?

These bars work extremely well and do a very good job of controlling & dampening the lift during a wheelie. I've sold well over 50 units for the EK & MP and never had a complaint that they didn't work or do what I said they would do.

They are $45 plus shipping, $5.20, Priority Mail & insurance.....unless the PO rates have gone up.

Last edited:
PLEASE resize your picture to no bigger than 640x480 as per RCNT rules & guidlines... Thanks
Hey Jack, you guys have a website where members might be able to view/buy some products?
Just curious, looks like a nice wheelie bar setup... I dont think I'd use it offroad, or for bashing, but still a nice piece...

Last edited:
i had one from new era and its nothing like this one,and a good cartwheel on the road broke it to peices this ones pretty nice but i wonder if its strong?

RC Jack said:
Like this:
(this is an edit due to the pic being too wide.)
2n1-ek.gif