HPI Mini Recon RTR 1/18th truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hpi-mini-recon.jpg

The HPI Mini Recon is the perfect 1/18th scale fun package. Made from extremely tough composite material the HPI Mini Recon is nearly indestructible. The HPI Mini Recon features a powerful 370 size motor that accelerates the Mini Recon to incredible top speeds...

Click to continue

That looks fun, one thing I am noticing is the shocks placed right in front of the A-arms which IMHO is a mistake, due to bashing it into rocks, curbs or whatever and easily busting it right off.

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting one of these to change the dog around in the house. haha

I ordered on for my daughter, i dont know if you guys have bought one yet or not....if so let me know how it is......i should have hers in the mail on friday.

Well I received the truck in the mail.....and WOW....this little truck is freaking awesome...I love it...as does my daughter.....this little thing is fast as H.E. double hockey sticks.....durability hasn't been tested yet but so far its awesome. I will post a vid shortly.

Update.....the cat hates the truck...one thing it doesn't last long with a 4 hour charge...could I get a battery that last longer?

Last edited:
this is an outstanding set up for the price and after I broke in the motor in some distilled water and cleaned it out and used some really high quality bearing lube to re lube the pole, the truck was even faster. Very satisfied with the rig

I am new to rc's but I have gotten a hpi mini recon about a week ago and it's fast and fun, but now when I go forward it clicks and the faster I go the more faster it clicks. I think it's the shaft but I don't know, can anyone help?

According to HPI that is normal, mine does the same thing Hpi told me that it wouldnt hurt the truck at all.

You guys have made me very worried, mines not making this noise what so ever but I am worried about it eventually starting.

hpi-mini-recon.jpg

The HPI Mini Recon is the perfect 1/18th scale fun package. Made from extremely tough composite material the HPI Mini Recon is nearly indestructible. The HPI Mini Recon features a powerful 370 size motor that accelerates the Mini Recon to incredible top speeds...

Click to continue
I got this for my 6yr old for Christmas.I have modded nitro trucks,so he wanted something to run while i ran my trucks.Yes i could have spent a small fortune and went with a high end electric,but he is 6yrs old.This is perfect.when he took it out of the package he said "Dad its to little to run with you'' Actually i thought the same thing.Well we were both wrong.this thing flies,goes thru the grass,gravel,climbs the same hill as my modded mgt 8.0.And takes a beating.(he has crashed it hard countless of times).I will get one for myself to run indoors lol.(one con-could use more ground clearance)I will mod something,, (pros-everything,great all around).NOTE:; I made my own harness and adapter for using my peak charger,as HPI says the adapters are unique to this truck.As the wall charger that comes with it says to charge for four hours,more like 24hrs.

---------- Post added at 5:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:35 PM ----------

Last edited:
Well I received the truck in the mail.....and WOW....this little truck is freaking awesome...I love it...as does my daughter.....this little thing is fast as H.E. double hockey sticks.....durability hasn't been tested yet but so far its awesome. I will post a vid shortly.

Update.....the cat hates the truck...one thing it doesn't last long with a 4 hour charge...could I get a battery that last longer?

The battery will last a very long time when charged on a peak charger.

I guess i need to make a plug for mine then.

Does anyone know if traxxas slash 1/10 wheels will fit on my mini recon

i have never been around a slash to see how they wheels are on it but i seriously doubt they will fit

Any rc18 wheels or a certain kind of rc18 wheel, I was bashing min yesterday and the spokes broke and the wheel fell off. I need more durable replacement wheels

Back