HPI Reactor 500 all in one battery charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hpi-reactor-500.jpg

The new HPI Reactor 500 battery charger can do it all, short of making you coffee. The Reactor 500 will charge popular batteries such as LiPo (1S to 6S), NiMH (1 to 15 cells), NiCd, Li-Ion, even the new LiFe batteries - making the HPI Reactor 500 a perfect battery charger for all types of R/C's.

Click to continue

this looks a good charger for the price
i think i paid more than that for my superbrain 989 and then i had to spend 100 bucks to so i can charge and balance my lipos
plus it does the new life batteries which i do not have any of those or know much about them
looks like 2 versions so i need to do a little more reading up

http://www.hpieurope.com/news.php?lang=en&issue=2010032202

Bummer. It doesn't make coffee.

I really like it, especially since it doesn't have to be tethered to a power supply like the Super Brain. I just might grab one of these shortly and have a couple of other chargers up for sale.
I'm guessing it should retail for 139 or 149. That's a great deal for one that does it all.

I do like the idea of no power supply. I mean how often do you use your car to power the battery charger? When I go out to fly or running electrics I bring and extension cord and a power supply still. Soooo um....12volt power supply being needed is....kinda...pointless? Rolex they do make the capachino/espresso adapter but it cost an extra $75 however I heard there was some technical difficulties with the milk frother over doing it and shorting out lipos....soooo they will not make the shelves by Christmas.

Ok fine...I should have said make it TO the SHELVES of your local hobby shop by Christmas.....always one smarty in the crowd:D

It look just like the AC6 charger that can be had for about $60. These specs are identical also. I bought one when i got my MERV and love it.

It look just like the AC6 charger that can be had for about $60. These specs are identical also. I bought one when i got my MERV and love it.

After reading your post I searched the AC6, and you're right, they look identicle with the same specs, I think I may have to pick one up, thanks for the heads up.

Hey Joe I just watched a little video clip of that charger and it is the exact same menu function as my $25 Turnegy charger with a couple additions. I just don't have the cool USB plug in...hmmm. But it works great as a travel charger.

After reading your post I searched the AC6, and you're right, they look identicle with the same specs, I think I may have to pick one up, thanks for the heads up.

I just got mine when i got the MERV and love it. Does a real nice job. The instruction manual is a little lacking but its fairly intuitive.

Back