DuraTrax Evader DT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
duratrax-evader-dt-muddy.jpg

DuraTrax has added a new r/c short course style truck to the mix, their DuraTrax Evader DT. The Evader DT is a one-of-a-kind 1/10th scale truck that brings scale details and tough as nails strength all at a low price!

Click to read more

What's that brown stuff?

omg rolex is gonna die when he sees this truck! hahha

Nope, go for this instead!

I'm not a big fan of electric cars. Nor am i a fan of duratrax. Therefore my view on this car will not be good.

I was given a duratrax maximum st pro by a friend to repair and they are a pain in the neck. They are made almost entierly out of cheap parts and are not worth what little money they cost.

A good example of this was when i took it out for its first road test, i was turning left into a corner and the right front wheel came off, resulting in the mount to drag across the tarmac and become detached from the vehicle. This mess involved the owner having to spend money on new duratrax parts.

Instead i would recommend buying something that has a similar price tag but is of far better quality in terms of performance, durability and features. E.g the RedCat Racing Vortex EPX

media.jpg

Check it out here:
http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/1-10-Scale-Electric-Standard/Vortex-EPX

This version comes with a standard motor but there are other versions of it in brushless forms too. I would highly recommend this car over the duratrax.

Are you serious? Recommending Redcat would make me lose sleep. I've researched. And yes it was after the so called revamping of the company. Crappy composites and cheap brushless systems that tear apart the cheap composites and gears. Besides the fact that they come with exploding bodies. As always, you get what you pay for. At least duratrax has a warranty on their crappy composites.:) Redcat has excuses.

redcat = crap.

i kinda dig the rollbar-light bar.

I also like the light bar. The truck don't look half bad also. It looks way better than that redcat truck.

I think it would look better if it was sitting level.:) The chassis looks the same as the other duratrax entry-level rigs. There's probably plenty of parts support for it already.

Looks good but I am not a big fan of Duratrax really. I will second the light bar looks pretty sweet though. Redcat....ehhhh....their 1/5 scale stuff is not bad but the smaller stuff. **Comment withheld** Oh and Ben....I am a nitro guy myself but electric will out run, out torque and wiht good batteries run LONGER than nitro any day. Hurts saying it....but ya have to face the facts.

Yh i agree

Looks good but I am not a big fan of Duratrax really. I will second the light bar looks pretty sweet though. Redcat....ehhhh....their 1/5 scale stuff is not bad but the smaller stuff. **Comment withheld** Oh and Ben....I am a nitro guy myself but electric will out run, out torque and wiht good batteries run LONGER than nitro any day. Hurts saying it....but ya have to face the facts.

Yh i agree with what u said about the electric models. Overall they are better but i personally dislike them. I think this is down to me being a complete petrol head, lol. Electric cars do often perform better than nitro but were's the noise? the smell? all these things that i love about cars are missing from electric models, that's why i personally don't like them as much. I guess it all depends on what kind of a person you are, I'm a nitro guy, but then again others are electric. Its all down to opinion in the end.

That's why nitro will never go away, no matter how far electric gets ahead of it.

Are you serious? Recommending Redcat would make me lose sleep. I've researched. And yes it was after the so called revamping of the company. Crappy composites and cheap brushless systems that tear apart the cheap composites and gears. Besides the fact that they come with exploding bodies. As always, you get what you pay for. At least duratrax has a warranty on their crappy composites.:) Redcat has excuses.

I see your point. redcat has its problems, but so do other cars. Every company has its flaws, for example HPI vehicles are extremely rugged and tough but not all of them can deliver the performance that would match up to other brands, i know I've been bashing mine for 5 months straight and the only thing thats broken is the rear shock absorber... and now the engine has blown... lol um...

so as i was saying, every company has problems however redcat has far fewer than duratrax. Its all down to how 'affordable' (cheap lol) they are. And as you said you get what you pay for. I wouldn't buy a redcat if i could afford something else, I was simply recommending a car that would have been within similar price range, but of better quality than duratrax.

That's why nitro will never go away, no matter how far electric gets ahead of it.

NITRO FOREVER lol... well until we run out of oil haha...

What's that brown stuff?

Hahaha that made me laugh so hard. You should start a separate post with that image and ask people to say what they think it is, lol.

Last edited:
I think the body looks cool, especially having a real spare tire if one separates "on the trail" or something, but the rest of it looks pretty basic and it doesn't even have bearings, it's all bushings in the diff, rear hubs, etc. Of course, it's priced accordingly too.

The important thing is to see what your LHS supports. My HobbyTown has a ton of Traxxas stuff and then HPI a close second. I'm saving my pennies for a Blitz.

Mark

Back