New delrin tower design...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey skip.. need a beta tester? send me a set of whatever you make man and ill bash then real good and put the "BEASON SEAL OF APPROVAL" on them..

skip, looking good. any more thought on creating a set with the wing mount already drilled in?

beason said:
hey skip.. need a beta tester? send me a set of whatever you make man and ill bash then real good and put the "BEASON SEAL OF APPROVAL" on them..

I'd love to ba able to send a few out for testers, but truely I did that with the first sets.. and I learned what I need to learn. These have been redesigned quite a bit and I have put this out on a$$... One thing with these is that between the material cost and machining time, there is some serious coin into them and by the time I ship them out, I basicaly loose money.. So I am not sure if I will do them again..

Check out rock concepts.. they have some AL ones that have 4 holes, and I think they are on sale at $119.99......

savagefan04 said:
skip, looking good. any more thought on creating a set with the wing mount already drilled in?

yea I considered it, but truley you are the only one that wants that.. if I do them again, and its just a matter of 2 holes, I will do it.. I have never seen a wing that would be good for the savage... Do you have a link to one..?

any pics with the whole suspension/chassis?

I'm still working on a truck. Heres what I have so far...

14156141654.gif

Would it be more cost effective to design a "Bolt on plate" to achieve the same result?
The plate would bolt onto the existing tower and drop down adding additional mounting holes where you have the shocks mounted on you custom towers. From looking at your drawing, this would add 8 additional mounting options.

Just a thought.

Hye bud.. Back when I was designing these towers that was the original plan. I even cut a bracket out that would be just waht you described.. I dont remeber the exact reason that it wasn't gonna work, but there was interferance issues, and I think that it was very weak.. I also look quite strange.. I kinda do that with the LST shock adapter brackets that I make, but because they go up (instead of down) the issues arent there.. Aslo I am only getting 4 holes out of the LST brakets and I got an easy 16 out of these towers..

Thanks for the idea, and like I said I have tried... so we think alike.! :)

When you run the LST shocks, what towers do you use? Stock, something you made, or some other aftermarket?

I was thinking of taking the plunge into the LST shock arena with my savage over the winter to get it good and ready to kill in the spring. I just don't want it to be short lived.

What I've found (or was told rather), was that when using the "adapters" on stock towers, they flex really badly. Is this a true statement for typical usage or could this be a shock setup problem? Like too thick of oil, too hard of springs...

Just curious.

When i run the LST shocks I run an adapter plate that bolts to the stock shock tower.. That does (over time) put a bend in the tower.. It bugs some people to death, but for me its that sthe flex that keeps things from breaking.. Also i replace things so often that I have never had a really bad one.. Its just something I live with and its never resulted in anything bad.. heavy bashing on stiff springs/oil will bend the tower faster and at more of an angle..

hope that helps ya..

8fefd5fd.gif

Yeah, I don't mind the bending either. Running the 4 OFNA buggy shocks bends them as well. I'd have to assume the LST shocks may bend them more due to the extra leverage the plate puts on the towers.

You have PM.

I do have a set or two of some slight blemished ones for those that want to save a few $$.. I can send pics of these and the blemish if you send me your address at my main email..

[email protected]

They just showed up today. Thanks Skip!

Just a question though, you haven't had any problems with the plastic splitting where the bolts go through to the bulkheads have you? Looking at them, they look pretty thin around the bolt hole area. I was thinking it may be benificial if I make an aluminum or steel plate to mate up with the holes to spread out the stress some. Or at a minumum, use some decent sized washers to spread out the pressure.

BTW, I don't have a clue if they will work or not. Looks like I might still have a header clearance issue... I'll find out on my next cold/rainy/snowy weekend when I decide to do the install. My other 4 OFNA buggy shocks have showed up as well. 8 buggy shocks should be tough as nails.

Right on man..

I have never seen one break at that point. The first version had a tool location hole that casued some breakage. That was my fault in my first design. These have that hole and some slight other chages and I put a full money back warrenty on them for a reason. So for any reason you want your money back, you just let me know.

These put the shocks out quite a bit. and becasue of this you should have no more header clearence issues..

These are ver 1 but you can see what i am saying...?
e4386abf.gif

Ok. Thanks for the info. It's supposed to be cold Saturday, so I might put some wrench time on it then.

I tried leaving you feedback, but the feedback tool has issues with the url for some reason... I'm waiting for the admins to let me know what's up with it.

Thanks again!

Had some questions regaurding size vs. stock and nova's... So here ya go.. Also just picked up 10 more bringing the total to 20 sets here on planet earth.. :)

regqervqervreq.gif

faergqwergwgr.gif

savagetower004.gif

your only running 4 pro-line shocks total on that thing? I didn't think they would stand up to the punishment/weight of a savage!

Back