Hot bodies Truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james4302

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Has anyone heard or have any experience with the new hot bodies stadium truck??? any info would help i'm in the market for as truggy........ :radio:

I have had the RTR version for about 3 weeks now and so far it handles great for my driving style. I swapped out the stock .26 and dropped my Wasp .26 which runs this truggy great.
There are a few problems to look out for:

1 > most parts are still not available but a few parts are the same as from the Lightning series buggies.

2 > the plastic arms on the RTR version suck and are very weak. If you don't mind the extra weight and cost, then buy the pro version which comes with aluminum arms. but when parts do become available, the plastic arms go for less than $15 a pair compared to $70 for a pair of aluminum.

3 > the RTR has plastic shock cap eyelets so I swapped mine out for aluminum caps.

4 > the bottom shock eyelets are weak also as I have had to replace two already.

5 > on the front CVD's.....the inner pins that go into the diff cups snap easily. Hot Bodies warranties this due to a production defect. The way to tell if you have the weak CVD's is by looking at the ends of the pins. if the pin ends are black then you have bad ones and if the pin ends are silver then they should be fine. You can send your bad ones to Hot Bodies and they will send you the right ones. Word is that the MGT CVD's could work also but I have not yet tried it.

6 > MGT bodies fit good on this truggy with some major body trimming. I run a Proline Crowd Pleaser for a MGT on this truggy.

There are a few minor differences between the pro and RTR as in any pro / RTR would be......the Pro has hardened steel diffs, tripple disk set up for front, aluminum arms, aluminum shock caps, and 3.5mm shock shafts.

Other than that, it's deffinetly for race than for bash. I couldn't race my Savage the way I raced my truggy.

I watched NJRC's truggy and it hauls ass, flies well and handles pretty good too.

Just picked up my LS Pro. Posted some questions for NJRC in the "other" thread.

Back