Associated RIVAL Monster Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
team-associated-RIVAL-Monster-Truck.jpg

Team Associated has graced us with another new Monster Truck, the Rival Monster Truck! The Rival Monster Truck is part of Team Associated Qualifier Series and comes Ready-To-Run with a Reedy brushless motor, two 7 cell 8.4V Reedy WolfPack batteries that come pre-wired with Deans Ultra Plugs and a XP 2.4GHz radio system!...

Click to continue

looks pretty sweet... Whats the price on them?

Looks good.. That body should fit my XL
Have to find a clear one..

---------- Post added at 9:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:39 PM ----------

looks pretty sweet... Whats the price on them?

I read its gonna be around $550

I think those are fake piggy backs. The MGT 8.0 has fake piggy's and those look exactly the same.

Last edited:
Yeah I am pretty sure you are correct. The same ol fake piggy back plastic shocks. They were pretty brittle too. I have seen the mounts on several snap off. I am not really feeling it for this truck though. The motor/ESC combo would be better in a SC truck than a monster.

I love the look of this truck. Hopefully the diffs were improved from the older ones that came on the mgt.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I'm digging it, reminds me of my MGT but only electric and probably much much faster. :D

TT Mt4 g3 lol.. But yea, looks like the MGT platform..

Hopefully this will spark some aftermarket support. I had a heck of a time getting stuff with my MGT 8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have a feeling it will help. Which is good for all you mgt owners.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Yea I sold mine couple months ago. It ripped with that 8.0 on there but I just didn't like the way it handled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I couldn't stop myself from ordering one, it will be here on Monday! :D
Sent from my XT907

MudSlinger33, i expect to see 25+ pics and a detailed documentary by Tuesday :hehe:

I am curious how it handles. The 8.0 was so top heavy

LOL!! Let us know how you like it man!

Its here! Charging the battery's now, then its time to let her fly.
utyra5e7.jpg

Sent from my XT907

Back