Just a few pics of my crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I realized I have not posted any pics of my crawler since I gutted my CZ4 and completely redesigned it. It has 55t lathe motors, a Novak super duty xr esc (thanks dog!) inet upper link mounts, inet wheel wideners, jps billett aluminum rims with imex claw dawg tires. I made my own carbon fiber motor mounts, battery tray and upper deck, as well as rear stear lockout, until I figure out how I want to set up my rear stear. I made all new links for it extending the wheel base from 14" to nearly 16.5 inches. It has custom laser cut servo mounts and a hitec 645 servo, (still need to pick up one more servo for the rear) With front stear only and locked diffs I have the stearing radius of about two square city blocks, lol. It has aluminum threaded body shocks, but I want to get some nice silver piggy back shocks to replace these with. I guess that's about it at the moment, I'm quite happy with how it turned out even though I still need to do a few more things to it to get it exactly how I want it.

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

Great looking truck NC, I was starting to wonder if you still had it.

SMaxxin said:
Great looking truck NC, I was starting to wonder if you still had it.

LOL, I was waiting for you to chime in. Yep, still have it, it took me quite a while to build it, especially on a limited budget, and too many things going on at once. But I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Nice work on the chassis, it doesn't look like a Zilla 4 anymore. Do you find the link mounted shock set up better than the cants? I have been thinking about going to link mounts on the TXT mostly because I rather the way it looks but it does work very well with the cants.

Also good choice with the INET parts, everything I have ordered from them has been top notch...Especially the wideners, I think they are the widest being sold right now.

I wish I could honestly answer which was better, cants or link mounts. I started tearing the CZ4 down before I ever even ran it, lol. I had plans on redoing it before I ever even got it in my possesion. I know I like the look of it this way much better, it has great articulation, especially with the longer links, and center upper link mounts. Plus the ESP stuff is not even close to quality craftsmanship, it all looks like home made garage stuff. I did away with almost all the ESP parts on it, and either replaced them with other stuff, or modified them quite a bit before using them. The Inet stuff on the other hand is top notch, and I would highly recommend there parts to anyone.

Heres how it looked when I first got it.

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2256.gif

Awesome looking rig NC. Nice job!

Definately one of the nicest builds I've seen.. Just the fact that many of the parts were custom made is too cool.. We'll have to get the crawlers together for a good crawl & photo..

Back