Any opinions on hyper vse? Any opinions on goolrc?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batmanninja

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So my plan is getting 80% hyper vse. also plan to get goolrc 120a 6s esc with 1900 or 2150kv motor not suer which yet. maybe ill buy both. what are your guys opinions on these items. i run goolrc in all my 1/10 stuff and they are cheap but have been good for over a year on 3 cars all running 3s. also what gearing would you recommend. i believe the vse comes with 48tooth spur i was planing on going with like 20 or 21 pnion. total cost is under $400 which i think is decent value for this setup but i am just looking for some input before i buy(waiting on paypal $ to become available)

Good to hear they are holding up. What esc/motor combos are you running in what 1/10th rigs now? I ran across those when I was looking to upgrade the one in my stampede. I ended up going with a cast sct/3800kv setup and moved the old traxxas setup to my converted jato.

i have 540 3930kv with 60a esc in 2wd stampede, hip nitromt, and losi xxxnt. all 3s and they all are stupid fast. stampede is wheelie monster.

I only run 2S in mine. With the stock vxl motor, I had overheating issues in the stampede with just 2S unless I didn't run in grass much. Can't remember the spur, but I was trying to run a 13T pinion. With the castle sct/3800kv, I run pack after pack with a 13T without issue and it's marginally faster than it was with the stock 3500kv motor. Rolls a lot smoother too. The stock vxl motor was very notchy feeling. I have it in my jato now and if I run a 9000mah 2S pack in it in the grass, it will overheat, but takes a while. I usually run 7200mah packs which are lighter.

Back