New to Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty slick! Obviously it works well. 2 thumbs up!!! :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:
That's pretty slick! Obviously it works well. 2 thumbs up!!! :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Why thank you Mike !...:cool:

This mod does severall things ,its very agile an it helps shed debri's because it has what I call some slide slop!
The looseness allows it to actually to wobble but yet track straight an true with the clutch bell gear an helps shed any small
pebbles from jamming in between the gears ,so its very limber in which it makes it more resistant!...:cool:

Slide slop!!! :hehe: Now THAT is custom!!! Considering the lack of a gear cover on most of the nitros (which I STILL can't figure out) I think it's a great idea!!! :thumbs-up:

are the diffs in the savage X models better than what comes in the SS 4.6 Kit?
So far I swapped the stock axles (with the right and left handed threaded stub axles) for the X model cvd shafts and 17mm hubs. I also added the plastic roll bar for the engine too. The 30x is running much better but i still get random lean-outs which seems to be tank-related. I have an extra tank from a mugen truggy and may try swapping that in. I have on order the pink disc brake kit. The integy arms are gone. Thinking of doing the FLM extended LCD chassis but not sure what all it entails to make the swap.

It's definitely a fun truck though! I used to run the 30x in my revo and this truck handles the power much better.

I originally had the "half tank lean" issues as well with this truck and converted to an small OFNA tank that was a mod a few years back. It helped with the lean issue. It came with a tank and an aluminum bracket that mounted on the outside of the chassis. Other went with the XL chassis and did a mid tank mod moving the fuel tank to the middle of the truck and inside the chassis.

Recently, the OFNA tank developed an air leak from the "O" ring under the tank lid. So I put the stock tank back on in almost the same location as it was originally but I lowered it below the carb by using the OFNA bracket. I read that having the tank fuel level below the carb also helped with the lean issue. It's on the bench now as I'm replacing a spur gear, clutch bell and brakes but hoping to report back with some positive results on the new tank location.

are the diffs in the savage X models better than what comes in the SS 4.6 Kit?
The X comes with alloy cups whereas the SS 4.6 comes with plastic cups for the spider gears. I want to say there was a version of the X that came with machined 43T ring gear and a later version that came with the sintered 29T ring gear. I bought mine used and it came with machined 43T (vs older 21/25 savage sintered 43T).

I read that having the tank fuel level below the carb also helped with the lean issue. It's on the bench now as I'm replacing a spur gear, clutch bell and brakes but hoping to report back with some positive results on the new tank location.

I ready the same. I tried it and didn't really see any improvement and ended up going with a different 125cc ofna tank I found on ebay to replace the old leaky OFNA tank I had prior to trying a stock tank. I even tried a brand new stock tank, just in case the one I had was gummed up or something from sitting in my parts drawer for years. No joy there either. Could be the LRP's just don't like the stock tank as I never ran a stock engine in mine. Just an LRP28 and LRP30.

The X comes with alloy cups whereas the SS 4.6 comes with plastic cups for the spider gears. I want to say there was a version of the X that came with machined 43T ring gear and a later version that came with the sintered 29T ring gear. I bought mine used and it came with machined 43T (vs older 21/25 savage sintered 43T).

I ready the same. I tried it and didn't really see any improvement and ended up going with a different 125cc ofna tank I found on ebay to replace the old leaky OFNA tank I had prior to trying a stock tank. I even tried a brand new stock tank, just in case the one I had was gummed up or something from sitting in my parts drawer for years. No joy there either. Could be the LRP's just don't like the stock tank as I never ran a stock engine in mine. Just an LRP28 and LRP30.

I may wind up going back to the OFNA tank setup as well if this doesn't work out. I'm not completely happy with the way I mounted it either. I'll likely use the OFNA tank you used if I can't find a replacement "O" ring for the older 125cc OFNA that came with the kit. I've been running a stock motor. I'll replace it If/when it goes.

I’ve been super happy with the tekno tank. I have it mounted up front and moved the throttle servo to where the stock tank used to sit. The tank itself pulls fuel from the bottom of the tank and has a clunk inside so it’s always submerged. I also added in a lot of extra fuel line much like the tekno truggy set up and can say that i no longer have any tuning issues or the mid tank leanout issue. it runs the same from full tank until it runs dry.

Back