What truck do you like?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prophet216

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So after hrs of endless reading and comparing, I've narrowed what I'm interested in for my next nitro purchase down to a few selections. First off I'm looking at 1/8 scale nitro truggies that are a ready to run kit including engine. First I am considering the kyosho inferno neo st 2.0. I like the truck because kyosho has a good rep and I really like the radio packaged with truck, however I'm concerned that the truck may be a lil outdated vs its competition. 2nd is of course the losi 8ight. I never seen it in person but I hear great things. 3rd would be the hpi trophy truggie 4.6. I like the waterproof features and hpi part availability, never drove one tho and wondering what's it drives like, aggressive, buggy like...? So those are what I'm thinking on. What would you recommend and why? Also if you think I'm missing one I should consider please let me know what it is and why. Happy posting

All three are great options, if it was me I'd probably be going with the Losi 8ight.

The HPI truggy is plenty fast enough. Where are you planning on running them?

For me, it would come down to parts availability. So I'd go with the Losi first, HPI second and Kyosho third. You can get Losi parts from all sorts of sites. With HPI stock being kind of in limbo, I wouldn't worry too much, but immediate need would mean you might wait a bit. I don't see a lot of Kyosho stuff at my LHS or the shops I look at online, so it would land 3rd.

That said, Losi makes some really nice/mean looking rigs and I've never had too much issue with them in the past. The only kind of flop was the Muggy. A couple good jumps (6+ feet under it) and the chassis would turn into a banana. It was kind of a low rent truggy Losi had from a few years back.

The Neo is the better driver but I have bashed the 8ightT really hard several times and nothing broke.

Haven't broke much stuff at all on my Trophy 3.5.

hehe, "RTR kit". Sorry couldn't resist it is funny when people call an RTR a "kit". I guess it's a different meaning though, as in, "check out my kit" like.. a thing that is already put together.

hehe, "RTR kit". Sorry couldn't resist it is funny when people call an RTR a "kit". I guess it's a different meaning though, as in, "check out my kit" like.. a thing that is already put together.
But if you check it out thoroughly before the first run, you're basically dissembling and reassembling it so it could be considered a kit. And, yeah, I prefer building them myself.

Totally agree! I prefer a kit to build than the rtr for sure. Maybe it's the old school in me, but when I'm done building, aside from the 'accomplishment', I am confident that anything that breaks or comes undone in the future, I can identify, diagnose and repair! If course, it's great having a resource like RCNT too!

I have owned a losi eight t 2.0 and let me say, this truck is almost indestructible. A great racer, and a great basher also. Parts are every there and most hobby shops have them in stock. Hpi would be second.

At first, I read "What truck do you look like?".

Back