I Need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneN60seconds

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm starting to get back into nitro after flying planes and helis for a while. The last time i ran my revo with the picco .26 maxx jl i was doing some speed passes when my neighbor backed out of his drive way. I had to turn sharp at top speed causing my revo to flip a few times only breaking a drive shaft. When i walked up to the truck, it just started revving really high and loud like it was going to blow up so i pinched the line to shut it off. Stored the truck with after oil for some time.

Today i fired the picco up and its still super loud. Could it be when the truck flipped it cracked the block somewhere? I had the truck for awhile and never heard it sound like this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm sure i know i could leak test it but would like to get some opinions on it before i remove the motor

Hi have you checked the carb? Is the carb stuck open? Check the manifold and make sure its secure. Also check the head bolts , back plate and carb bolt to make sure nothing is loose

Hi have you checked the carb? Is the carb stuck open? Check the manifold and make sure its secure. Also check the head bolts , back plate and carb bolt to make sure nothing is loose

Ok when i get home i sure will check. I just heard these motors are notorious for air leaks. I didnt know because this motor has been nothing but good to me.

Ok when i get home i sure will check. I just heard these motors are notorious for air leaks. I didnt know because this motor has been nothing but good to me.

I would check the header ,coupler an muffler for any cracks ,the coupler could have a tear in it from the wreck!
If any open leaks like that on the exhaust system ,it will cause the engine to rev up!...:cool:

Sometimes, my RX battery briefly disconnects from the controller during operation, causing the throttle servo to jerk violently due to lack of current. This frequently results in the servo lifting the throttle lever so much that it spins past the air intake's maximum opening. When this happens, the lever esentially "gets stuck" in that position, as such that when the lever is put back at its idle position, the intake gap is still wide open. When this happens, I need to disconnect the power and force the lever downwards a little bit past the carb's minimum throttle opening in order to return it to normal. I doubt this happened to you, but you might wanna check how wide the intake gap is at idle. This was the problem in 99% of my high-revving problems.

Hey guys i found the problem. It was the back plate needed to be sealed and the rubber gasket over the exhaust hole was ripped bad in 2 spots so i trashed it. Ordered another one. Thanks for your help