I have a T-Maxx .15

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What pack are u running again is it over 6v? Most receivers have a voltage limiter and non HV receivers will handle less than 7v but not sure if the 2215 does since it's an older receiver. But logically as long are your servos are rated for 6v then you should be good. It is possible that your receiver may be bad but the only way to test this is if you have a multimeter and know how to use it to test it or if you have another spare 2215 receiver

open up the receiver an make sure its clean of debris ,an make sure that it don't smell burn or have
a burned odor from it !
It is possible that one channel is fried or shorted out!...:cool:

The receiver looks a little dirty but otherwise okay could it be the 6 volt power pack does this receiver have a built-in voltage regulator

On the phone will Traxxas today they said the servos were binding up and flying want to put the servo back in new servo don't put the servo horn on yet that correct what happens if it still fries again

As far as the servo what spline count(teeth)are you using? If you are using the wrong servo horn with a non compatible spline count then it's highly possible you are taxing the hell out of the servo since it's having a hard time rotating the gears causing the servo motors to work overtime and frying it

On the phone will Traxxas today they said the servos were binding up and flying want to put the servo back in new servo don't put the servo horn on yet that correct what happens if it still fries again

You can check the steering by hand with the servo horn disconnected ,the wheels should move back & fourth easy & smoothly ,
an not too stiff or tight!
If they are too stiff or tight to turn by hand ,chances are that your ball joint cups are tighten too much!...
As far as the throttle servo ,it could be the linkage not properly set right or its jamming ,throttle also works the brakes
an should have some kind of buffer spring on there to relieve some of the stress or tension when you brake or pull the throttle!

An just like was mention by DXtreme ,you can over tighten the horn or use too long of a horn screw onto the servo!...:cool:

The older TMaxx didn't have a built in servo saver. It would be a good idea to get one just to make sure you get one with the compatible spline count to fit the servo.

Just got done testing the voltage of the receiver and Battery on all three channels the battery voltage was 6 1/2 volts it's Channel had six and a half volts to but my question the half of volt would be enough to fried a servo

I've never had a problem before however I make sure none of my builds have any binding issues and I use an external or built in servo savers on my steering servos since that's the one that gets the most taxing work.

Thinking about getting a radio system have a couple choices
Flysky FS-GT3B Digital 3CH 2.4GHZ LCD Transmitter & Receiver for RC Car or CLASSIC T-maxx 2.4ghz TQ 3ch Radio Set (Transmitter & Receiver)Traxxas 49104

Either radio is way better than your dinosaur of an AM radio that you're currently using. Need to retire that AM radio controller and chuck it to the recycling bin.

The receiver fried servos cuz the voltage regulator is burned out

Electronics don't work forever and most of the time they fail without exhibiting any symptoms. With the age of your previous electronics it's no surprise that it did. Once you replace your receiver with the new one make sure you use double sided foam tape and make sure the rest of the sides including the top of the receiver is not touching the receiver box. The good news with getting the newer radio with the 2.4 system is their footprint is much smaller so it will fit better in the space the old receiver used to occupy. With our trucks we can go pretty much navigate any terrain but we also induce more vibrations on our electronics so it's important that we take extra measures in securing them.
The receiver fried servos cuz the voltage regulator is burned out

Also forgot you will most likely have to trim down your antenna tube. The 2.4 antenna wires are shorter than the old AM and FM receivers. If you have the opportunity to buy the newer 3.3 receiver box get it. They're much nicer looking than the old .15 box and comes with the short antenna.

Digital Fly-Sky GT3B 3 channel 2.4G Radio with Receiver for $ 35.00 and free shipping

There's a few people here that use FlySky radios and they seem to have some good experience with them. It's a really good price though for a 2.4 ghz radio system.
Digital Fly-Sky GT3B 3 channel 2.4G Radio with Receiver for $ 35.00 and free shipping

I have the flysky unit an have had no problems with it for he past 7 years , it .it performs like it should with all my rides!
An you can buy separate receivers for less than 10 bucks for each ride ,I have 12 rides an only need one controller...:D

I think $30 is a good price and free shipping

No doubt ,its a good price ,an its been a good system for the past 7 years!..:cool:

No doubt ,its a good price ,an its been a good system for the past 7 years!..:cool:

controler_001.jpg

Back