RJ Speed PRO MOD Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EfrainCG

RCTalk Basher
Active Military
Reaction score
Hey guys. I went trough my box of spare parts and I had everything needed to get myself into a build. As a former speed junkie, I decided to buy a Promod from RJ Speed.

do you guys have experience with RJ Speed kits?
I have an overkill Leopard 10500KV that I will put on it. Since I'm not using it.
just looking for suggestions and best practices from you guys.

promd.JPG

I really like that body and it's paint. Looks good. I've seen the kits at the hobby shop and online, but that's all I know. Can you post some shots without the body?

I have not added anything to it, I'm waiting on parts.
rearaxel.JPG
frntaxl.JPG
frame&body.JPG

just got some parts in!!! I re-used my old motor, upgraded factory tires to the legends, added castle creations ESC, Spektrum reciever and HI-Tech servo.
tires.JPG

electronics.JPG

Attachments

• tires.JPG
    tires.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 281
hey guys.... I am having trouble putting power to the ground... besides adding weight, does anyone has any suggestion?

and... bye bye motor... just fried my leopard motor... got too greedy with my gears :(
castle creations 5700 will take it's place...

I wish I caught this earlier! For a straigh axl, using a motor that hot is crazy. You are Def on the right track using a lower rpm motor. Those kits were designed a LONG time before super hot winds when brushed.
I have seen similar issues at (1:1) track. Someone takes a basically stick vehicle and drops a 1200hp blown whine into it... Then can't figure out why it won't hook up or go straight... (the problems from there really don't apply in your case) the point is, start small and slow... Work forward from there. I am honestly surprised you still have foam on the tires! Very cool kit. I hope you keep us informed on how you make out. Good luck!

I just got to my new duty station. As soon as my HHG arrive I will start working on the kit.

Anyone know any pointers on getting my pro mod to hook up better? I can use all the help I can get thanks.

How is your hearing? Are you also using a crazy motor (as above)? I always recommend starting small and slower... Then moving up from there. This way you 'learn the kit' so to speak. Each small adjustment will provide information about what works and what does not.
Explain what your car is doing as well as what it is... The kit, motor, esc, power etc...

Hey, I'm running a castle 100,000 rpm motor with 4 pole and my esc and reserver came out of my traxxas funny car. I'm running a 2s and messing with foam tires

I have a few of these chasis now. Definetly start slow and then move from there.
these are some of my rides now...
Mazda.jpg
Monza.jpg
promod1.jpg

Rj speed pro mod I'm running sidewinder 3 castle 7700kv jaco foam tires. What size pinion should I run?

Rj speed pro mod I'm running sidewinder 3 castle 7700kv jaco foam tires. What size pinion should I run?

That's a lot of power to that body, I recommend a 23 to 108. maybe bigger size spur. let me see how it worked out for you.

Its geared at 25/81 and its way too high. Motor gitters and flaming hot.

Back