Let there be light!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I couldnt see what I was working on so I decided to add a shop light over head. No trouble seeing now! :)

How you guys been? *trips over Rolex's pants* /sigh...I see somethings never change ^_^

20170617_164418.jpg

Looks good! Nice and clean in there... Almost too clean... :hehe: So far off to a bumpy start to summer but not too bad here...
How's everything with you?

Not to bad. House is eating my RC money but every once in awhile I get some wrench or drive time in. Not to often though. Its so clean because I cleaned and rearranged everything. give it a couple weeks and it will look like a tornado hit it. lol I'm about to tear down my XXL and clean it and replace the broken turnbuckle.

Lol! I used to do the same thing... Keep it clean til the next project, then clean when project is complete... But too many times, multiple projects would be through in my lap. Reality just hit one day so I went from super clean to keeping it just under hurricane level... :hehe: As long as the OCD does pummel me too badly, I have found I can live with that!

There's nothing more amazing than installing an overhead fluorescent light and turning it on for the first time.
By the way, if you're coming up short on RC money, you need to sell the house.

Or charge admittance to see the "amazing floor!!!" Ooooohhhh... Aaaaaahhhh!!!! :wideyed:

Lol! I used to do the same thing... Keep it clean til the next project, then clean when project is complete... But too many times, multiple projects would be through in my lap. Reality just hit one day so I went from super clean to keeping it just under hurricane level... :hehe: As long as the OCD does pummel me too badly, I have found I can live with that!
Dude, I'm exactly the same way!! Every once in awhile OCD demands things get cleaned and organized but as long as i can keep Mr. OCD tied up then I dont care lol.

There's nothing more amazing than installing an overhead fluorescent light and turning it on for the first time.
By the way, if you're coming up short on RC money, you need to sell the house.
I was totally amazed. I've been struggling with lighting since I lost my overhead LED lights that I had in my old apt. I hooked that thing up and turned it on and I was like "HEY! I CAN SEE! lol.....and yes...I've been very tempted to sell my house...this is way more than I bargained for! now, put your pants back on! :p

Nice work GW, hope you're doing well.
Miriam and I are doing well HPI, thanks for the sentiment :)

This is why I work so much! For upkeep on the house, and so I can afford to buy and look at shiny new RC parts. God knows I don't have time to install, let alone use them!

This is why I work so much! For upkeep on the house, and so I can afford to buy and look at shiny new RC parts. God knows I don't have time to install, let alone use them!
Funny how life works...lol

I look at it like I have lots of projects ' in stock' o_O

You should try out the LED shop lights... who needs the sun anymore?

Some LED replacement bulbs are viciously over-priced. Some may need to be rewired to eliminate it remove igniters, (from fluorescent light set ups) so sometimes they are a costly conversion. HOWEVER... They are SUPER bright and highly efficient!!! They cost WAY less to run and they don't burn out anywhere near as often so they do pay you back over time. I did do a whole house conversion at my uncle's house for him. He immediately saw a lower electric usage in the house and it is much brighter. When I replaced the bulbs, I took the time to clean all the reflectors, housings, covers etc... I'm sure that had a HUGE effect on how bright everything was afterwards. I saw the same effect when only cleaning them and not replacing bulbs in the past. Definitely do the LED swap when the finances allow! Well worth the investment imo!!!

I just went with this because the previous owner left it in the attic and I have a whole box of florescent bulbs for my garage lights. One day I will upgrade them all to LED. :)

Back