3 shoe clutch and flywheel for VX .18

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Youll be glad you did!
Its always good to have xtra an screws ....Lol...I still have rc screws from 20 years ago!...:p
I have so many screws for this car after I upgraded to aluminum. Plus from the old Tmaxx that I have sitting in the garage. I need to do something with that one day. I put money into it and never figured out the trans issue and just left it sitting and spent all my time on this car. That Tmaxx has brand new bigger tires, brand new .15 in it that only has about 1 1/3 tank through it. Roll cage, steel spur gear, new brakes, aftermarket air filter, lighter weight flywheel and a new trans. Lol and has never been used.

But anyway. I believe I have my clutch/bell issue fixed on the STR. Now I'm just waiting for my new manifold gaskets to get here Monday then put it back together and get it outside. As long as it isn't raining like it has been the past 3 days straight.

You can buy manifold gasket paper at auto parts stores too... If you're ever in a pinch

If it's a side exhaust engine, just cut one out of a piece of cardboard like a soda box and put a bit of high temp rtv on it. Will get you by until you get the proper gaskets. :)
Really? And the temps wont mess with it? Stop it you guys! You're making this way easier than it has to be! Lmao.

Nope. It will work just fine. The RTV is just to keep the oil from the fuel breaking the cardboard down. Like I said, in a pinch, it will work for quite some time. Having the proper part is best due to fitment though. It's hard to cut a piece of cardboard with that narrow of an edge without destroying it.

Cutting gaskets can Def be a pain!
I'm sure. As I'm making a mental note of that I have a pack of 4 gaskets in the mail right now so I'm just going to wait on those. No point in getting it ready to run at this exact moment as it has been raining here for the past week. Supposed to have dry warm weather next week though!

It was rainy here for quite some time, then shifted gears to record breaking high temps!

It was rainy here for quite some time, then shifted gears to record breaking high temps!
So. I'm looking at a set of tires for shits n giggles. And I was wondering if anybody had any tips on this. The wheel and tires mine runs are 28mm width I believe it was. These are 35mm wide and every wheel I find for them seems to have a large center hole that will not work on my stub axles. Anyone know of a wheel I can use? Or adapters maybe?

This is the tire.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-F104...392986?hash=item1ea05bd9da:g:93MAAOSwHnFVg9LN

I currently run just your standard stub axle with 12mm hex.

Got the gaskets today. She's up and moving. In bad need of tuning but it was cold out so only ran it for a couple minutes. Grateful for the help from everyone here. Just opened gallon 4 for this VX .18 and have yet to need to open it. Let's see if it keeps going that way. As much hate as I've read on Facebook groups for these and the VX .16 I'll have to say. This thing has taken a beating from a nitro newbie who has been learning and messing up at their expense and they keep ticking.