Shensei 1957 chevy project.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minilst2

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This probably isn't anything compared to the stuff you guys build, but my father had one when I was a kid and I always wanted one. I scored this one on ebay for 35 bucks with no transmitter, after going to the hobby store and trying every crystal in a old duratrax 27mhz transmitter I had, I gave up. It was time to tear this thing art and put some modern stuff in it. It's not done, still waiting on parts to come in the mail but it does run and i've been having a blast running it around living room all night. I have 2 more smaller 57 chevys that were remote control i'm going to attempt to convert to radio control.
20170225_194537_zps2nappifu.jpg
20170225_231551_zpsbm30x3cs.jpg

Last but not least, anyone know if they made adapters to run standard size servo horns on micro servos?

Last edited:
Wow brings back memories. I had one exactly like that. It used to make engine noises as it speed up. I wasb14. My dad bought it off qvc.

Wow brings back memories. I had one exactly like that. It used to make engine noises as it speed up. I wasb14. My dad bought it off qvc.
This one originally made engine sounds, but now it has a duratrax esc, stock motor and micro servo with a servo horn I made. I'm waiting on the micro servo mount to come in the mail I just ordered and a servo saver. I made servo mounts out of a couple blocks of wood I cut with a dremel thismorning but I want it to look more factory and less rigged. I've been running it about all morning. I have a brushless e-maxx, tamiya svt lightning , a couple boats and a new buggy I bought but something about this being so old makes it fun to run around for me.

So here are some before and after photo's.
s-l1600_zpszbidvowx.jpg

s-l1602_zpsvqxsiaps.jpg

20170225_231532_zpspabhtuhu.jpg

After
Still a little dirty here, needs some more cleaning
57chevychassis_zpsijz03umm.jpg

20170506_155709_zpszd6xu1yg.jpg

20170506_155647_zps2paohs43.jpg

20170506_155724_zpswxjxd9aq.jpg

Looks like a fun project! You did a great job with it!

Great job ,it looks like you incorporated some new up to date stuff to it!...:thumbs-up:

How she run?...I know not high performance ,its more of a nostalgia type thing!...:D

Runs great, I have tons of rc's but enjoy converting older stuff. I really enjoy running this thing around in the house.

3 of these have been converted to radio control, both mustangs (made in the 60s) and the red 57.
20170514_024217.jpg

Runs great, I have tons of rc's but enjoy converting older stuff. I really enjoy running this thing around in the house.

3 of these have been converted to radio control, both mustangs (made in the 60s) and the red 57.
20170514_024217.jpg
This was a Traxxas slash
20170512_104007.jpg

Last edited:
Figured I would post an update, I had a spare 380 motor laying around and a gear puller , decided to install that motor and this thing flys, it's too difficult to control now, first run I ran it up on 2 wheels twice after trying to slow it down to turn then rolled it one time and it rolled about 3 or 4 times. It's not even really controllable anymore

I think we've all done a rig like that. Mine was a Losi Micro Desert Truck with a 10,200kV motor and a 2s LiPo battery. Definitely had a heck of a time learning to drive this little beast.

Did this car ever come with a red plastic blower with lights in it?

I could swear I had one of these when I was really young...30 years ago young.

Back